Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rock for Ronson

Rock for Ronson 8 years 4 days ago #11607

• cheri
Julie, so glad you got a front seat and enjoyed the show so much. Someone posted a video of Steve performing, "Sebastian," and I have to agree, I think he sung it better than I've ever heard him sing it. I'm also very happy that you are feeling well and have survived the ordeal you had to survive. I'll always remember your wonderful smile. :)

Wish I could just jet over to England every time Steve performs a concert, I'd be at every one. It's been so long now, I hope he doesn't forget me. I do hope to come back over and see him and all the fans again. It's pure joy. :)

Love, Cheri
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , deemac

Rock for Ronson 8 years 4 days ago #11609

• WMOORE
What a fantastic night enjoyed by all.

Everyone on stage seemed to be enjoying it and Steve was on top form. Great touch giving Florencia from Argentina a signed book - added to the atmosphere - a celebration and tribute to a great talent.
Everywhere you looked on stage something was there to grab your attention.
Steve Norman, The Twins and all band members should be very proud of this performance,
The inclusion on stage of Maggi and Lisa Ronson was a great addition to the line up - as indeed was the Choir.
Thought we had witnessed the coolest man on any stage in Steve Norman until Earl Slick entered - took coolness to a new level!!!

Thanks to everyone involved was a night that will live long in the memory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , deemac, floraromasdeflor

Rock for Ronson 8 years 4 days ago #11610

• Michael Carraway
I second all the above. It was a truly "Special" event, a real celebration. Steve was fantastic - picking out Mick Ronson's mum and complimenting her on her speech at the plaque unveiling, very nice touch. Thought Earl Slick looked more like a guy stuck in a time warp rather than cool myself, but hey who cares, what a great, unforgettable night it was. Steve Norman always looks completely at home as a Rebel member.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , deemac

Rock for Ronson 8 years 4 days ago #11611

• Run Like A Chicken
Thought it was absolutely magnificent, a really great quasi-casual atmosphere, some good laughs and some really superb musicianship.

Will second the comments about "Sebastian" - I think that's a performance that will stick with me forever. Made the hairs on the back of the neck stand up. I mean it's an inherently magnificent track but the treatment with the choir was just beautiful.

"Cavaliers" turning into a bit of a jam was another highlight - it fit Steve Norman like a glove.

As a tribute to Ronson it was wonderful, but it did remind me that I need to see a full blown Harley/Cockney Rebel gig. It was one of the first things on my list when moving to the UK (just moved over in November from Melbourne, Aus) and it didn't disappoint at all.

Only criticism: No Timeless Flight!

Rock for Ronson 8 years 3 days ago #11612

• mick_mckenzie
What a fantastic night. Pretty much all of what's been said above. Superb show, superb weekend. Many thanks to Steve and the band, and everyone involved.

Great to see Maggi and Lisa on stage, and Minnie in the audience. And always good to see the multi-talented Steve Norman with the band, whatever set they're doing. He makes everything he picks up look so easy, and he never looks any older. Maybe he has a portrait mouldering away in his attic.

I think Earl Slick nailed looking supercool and looking stuck in a time-warp simultaneously, but maybe that's because all the coolest dudes were from the 70s anyway.

Looking forward to seeing Earl and Lisa again later this week, doing Station to Station.

Mick
  • Page: