Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rock for Ronson

Rock for Ronson 8 years 5 days ago #11600

• trace
Fab night at Rock for Ronson. Surreal moments such as Starman sung by a choir and most of the audience. Thanks to all concerned! Nice to meet Earl Slick; see you on Thursday man! Best wishes from Trace and Lisa.
I should also have said that Steve and the band were fab as usual. Robbie even had to cover for Mr Slick due to a blip with his guitar/amp! Fab night all round.
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , deemac

Rock for Ronson 8 years 5 days ago #11601

• graybod
Well what a fantastic night at a packed out city hall for Rock For Ronson and Steve and the boys and special guests did Mick proud with a performance full of passion in mick's memory as well as raising thousands for a scholarship in mick's name,what you get with Steve is a performance that makes you feel so good as tho'he is singing to you only and it leaves you waiting for the next time,this was my 11th time and I just never tire of seeing him and can't wait now for the next time,a special mention for the all for one choir who I thought were brilliant in their special moment,also the lucky person who paid £7000 for one of Steves guitars well done to you and what a treat you have in store when Steve and the boys come to play in your house later on.there was also a lovely moment when Steve presented the fan from Argentina with a signed book what a moment for her,thanks again Steve and see you soon,maybe at Pocklington on the acoustic tour,well done.

Rock for Ronson 8 years 5 days ago #11602

• deemac
It certainly was a great night the atmosphere was amazing. Good to meet David and Joyce from Carluke who managed to stay up much longer than us and got some signatures! People watching was pretty good.

it's a while since we heard Judy Teen live which was great. Choir were indeed surreal and all the other musicians gave it there all. There was an informal/friendly/family tone to it all which really contributed to the atmosphere.

Need to get the next one planned
Dorothy
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Reb55

Rock for Ronson 8 years 5 days ago #11603

• Harley fan
OMG OMG OMG.... WHAT A NIGHT. EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY, ESPECIALLY ME BUYING A FRONT SEAT!
WOW!.... EVERYONE WAS CHATTING ABOUT SEBASTIAN, BEING THE BEST THAT THEY HAVE EVER HEARD - EVER. GET THAT EH!! IT WAS VERY SPECIAL TO ME LAST NIGHT, AS LAST YEAR I WAS IN HOSPITAL FOR 5 MONTHS (as you probably heard) AND NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE A CONCERT AGAIN, BUT LAST NIGHT MADE UP FOR THAT.
I AM STILL ON CLOUD 9. THANKS STEVE ET AL.... TOP NIGHT. MET LOADS OF FOLKS AND GOT HOME AT 3.30AM!! :cheer:
Julie xxxxx
The following user(s) said Thank You: , cheri

Rock for Ronson 8 years 4 days ago #11604

• Patrick
A brilliant night (well, afternoon in The Black Boy pub as well tbh!) and well worth the drive over from Bolton

We really enjoyed it and how cool is Earl Slick?

Rock for Ronson 8 years 4 days ago #11605

• robertotechno
What a night! Steve, well done for curating such an event. You got some great people up there to entertain us, including 80 choir members, all amateurs who brought tears to many eyes, mine included, when you gave them their own silence part on Sebastian. It was GREAT! You sang the best I've ever heard you - and so many older singers are losing it, while your voice gets stronger and more powerful. Cavaliers with Steve Norman on sax and The Twins on harmonica was a highlight for me, but also Friend For Life and All In A Life's Work were special, as many didn't seem to know those songs at all. The never-ending standing ovation at the end paid testament to the memorable night we'd experienced. We met three guys who had flown in from New York, waiting they said all their lives to see you live, and they were really chuffed. Thanks, Steve.
ROB
The following user(s) said Thank You: , deemac
  • Page: