Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lucky Man - 1986 - B-Side of Irresistible

Lucky Man - 1986 - B-Side of Irresistible 8 years 1 month ago #11579

• ajsmith
A rarely heard, but excellent, B-Side from the 1986 Irresistible single. It has never been made available elsewhere, and features Mick Ronson on guitar.

Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , cheri

Lucky Man - 1986 - B-Side of Irresistible 8 years 1 month ago #11581

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I did buy this single. I listened to the b-side once. Now I remember why I bought it. I liked the record sleeve. :laugh:
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Lucky Man - 1986 - B-Side of Irresistible 8 years 1 month ago #11584

• cheri
Wow, I never heard or heard of this song. It's great to hear a "new" Steve Harley song. Thanks, ajsmith. :)

Cheri

Lucky Man - 1986 - B-Side of Irresistible 8 years 1 month ago #11587

• ajsmith
Stella Day wrote:
I did buy this single. I listened to the b-side once. Now I remember why I bought it. I liked the record sleeve. :laugh:

:laugh: One of the best B-Sides from the 1980s period for me. Speaking of record sleeves, I'd be curious to know if there was ever a sleeve designed for the ill-fated El Gran Senor album that was meant to follow.

cheri wrote:
Wow, I never heard or heard of this song. It's great to hear a "new" Steve Harley song. Thanks, ajsmith. :)

Cheri

You are welcome Cheri, glad you enjoyed it. I've had this song on the PC for a few years now but always thought the vinyl recording (never the best quality) made the guitar sound rather harsh on the ears. I managed to tidy the track up the other day and I think it is perfectly listenable now?