Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: David Bowie and the story of Ziggy Stardust

David Bowie and the story of Ziggy Stardust 8 years 3 months ago #11436

• Harley fan
Having been snowed in today and nothing on television tonight, I watched the above programme, which I had recorded some time ago... So sad David is no longer here with us. RIP. Sadly, I never got the chance to see him in concert.
Great news though, Steve made an appearence on the programme. Yeeaaassss. Steve was in my front room on a snowy, cold Sunday evening (only on my t.v.!) but, bring it on. What a nice surprise. Sweet dreams.
Hope to see many of you in Hull in April.
Julie x
Please login/register to post on the forum.

David Bowie and the story of Ziggy Stardust 8 years 3 months ago #11437

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.

I've added two more Cheri.

The first was available when I posted it but has now disappeared. I expect the other two will follow suit.

;)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

David Bowie and the story of Ziggy Stardust 8 years 3 months ago #11438

• Mr Raffles
Another really good BBC Bowie documentary was called '5 Years'. This covered five periods of time in his career. Pre-Ziggy, which some may say was his best with albums like Man Who Sold the World, Hunky Dory etc.Then Ziggy Stardust up to and including Aladdin Sane. Bowie's Young American's phase which wasn't everyone's cup of tea but bought him success with a number one single in the US(Fame)Followed by another brilliant period which saw the release of albums such as Station to Station,Low and Heroes spawning singles such as Golden Years,Sound and Vision and Heroes. Finishing off with the early 80's which once again saw him having massive commercial hits such as Ashes to Ashes,Let's Dance,China Girl,Modern Love. Anyone doubting Bowies talent (if that's possible???) should watch this 90 min BBC documentary which I'm sure will get repeated some time in the future.

David Bowie and the story of Ziggy Stardust 8 years 3 months ago #11447

• cheri
Stella, looks like you posted the above video about 1 1/2 days ago, but I got a message that it is no longer available for viewing due to something about a Time Warner contract or such. Perhaps it's only in my country, but I could not see it. :ohmy:

Cheri

David Bowie and the story of Ziggy Stardust 8 years 3 months ago #11448

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
cheri wrote:
Stella, looks like you posted the above video about 1 1/2 days ago, but I got a message that it is no longer available for viewing due to something about a Time Warner contract or such. Perhaps it's only in my country, but I could not see it. :ohmy:

Cheri

Yes, you're right. It's gone now. I've added two more.I'm sure they too will be deleted.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.