Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steve's birthday advice.

Steve's birthday advice. 8 years 4 months ago #11259

• BowRose20
Happy new year everyone!
I read on social media that the band that supported Steve last year get sent money from fans. Wow! #OHT #LNW! I didn't know musicians did this and I was wondering if Steve has ever done this. I have a friend who is an aspiring singer/songwriter and she was asked by her manager to chat online to fans and ask for donations (so she can buy equipment, PR etc.) but she had never heard of anyone doing it and was put off by certain people contacting her but now seeing these girls getting money from fans she is thinking of going ahead. #Inspiration!
Back to my point however, does Steve prefer actual physical gifts from fans or something else? I would like to send him something for his upcoming birthday and would love to hear your suggestions and if anyone could give me the best address to send it to, I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Steve's birthday advice. 8 years 4 months ago #11271

• Howdy59
Inspiration?

Steve's birthday advice. 8 years 4 months ago #11272

• DaveM
The best present that fans can give Steve and probably the only thing he would want from us is to keep supporting him by attending gigs and buying his albums,
The following user(s) said Thank You: , joanna, deemac

Steve's birthday advice. 8 years 4 months ago #11274

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
BowRose20 wrote:
Happy new year everyone!
I read on social media that the band that supported Steve last year get sent money from fans. Wow! #OHT #LNW! I didn't know musicians did this and I was wondering if Steve has ever done this. I have a friend who is an aspiring singer/songwriter and she was asked by her manager to chat online to fans and ask for donations (so she can buy equipment, PR etc.) but she had never heard of anyone doing it and was put off by certain people contacting her but now seeing these girls getting money from fans she is thinking of going ahead. #Inspiration!
Back to my point however, does Steve prefer actual physical gifts from fans or something else? I would like to send him something for his upcoming birthday and would love to hear your suggestions and if anyone could give me the best address to send it to, I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

The address for adoring fans to send cards etc. to is

COMEUPPANCE LTD
P.O. BOX 7073
SUDBURY
SUFFOLK
CO 10 7WN

Steve often jokes that he has socks older than the kids that fans bring with them to the concerts .......so maybe socks would be a good idea? :laugh:
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , BowRose20

Steve's birthday advice. 8 years 4 months ago #11275

• BowRose20
Perhaps yes. It was just after reading about the support doing this that I thought about Steve.

Steve's birthday advice. 8 years 4 months ago #11277

• Howdy59
It's a sweet thought but I have to say as a father myself maybe you should let your friend know about the types of people that might contact her online. I could be a bit of a minefield. Just because some girls do it doesn't mean every girl should.