& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Other member's profiles, messeges etcetera

Other member's profiles, messeges etcetera 14 years 4 months ago #134

• paza
Hi,
I guess I should know how, but... How does one look up other members profiles and send messages to them and how do they post messeges to me and how can I see them... and so on?
In short, how to move around among the members in this community?

/paza

P.S. Great new site by the way.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Other member's profiles, messeges etcetera 14 years 4 months ago #135

• andyfearon
paza wrote:
Hi,
I guess I should know how, but... How does one look up other members profiles and send messages to them and how do they post messeges to me and how can I see them... and so on?

/paza

To view a profile simply click on the user's avatar or username whilst you are logged in.

Private messaging is not currently an available function of this forum.

Regards

Andy

Re:Other member's profiles, messeges etcetera 14 years 4 months ago #136

• paza
Tx for the quick reply Andy,
I've noticed that you could click the user's avatar, but that requires that a member is online or has made a post of some sort, right? Wouldn't it be a great idea to have some sort of "member's list"? And the messages doesn't have to be "private" in that sense that no one else can se them (- even if that option maybe also could/should be available)

best regards,
paza

Andy Fearon wrote:
paza wrote:
Hi,

/paza

To view a profile simply click on the user's avatar or username whilst you are logged in.

Regards

Andy

Re:Other member's profiles, messeges etcetera 14 years 4 months ago #137

• andyfearon
paza wrote:
I've noticed that you could click the user's avatar, but that requires that a member is online or has made a post of some sort, right? Wouldn't it be a great idea to have some sort of "member's list"? And the messages doesn't have to be "private" in that sense that no one else can se them (- even if that option maybe also could/should be available)

best regards,
paza

Andy Fearon wrote:
paza wrote:
Hi,

/paza

Regards

Andy

I have plans for all sorts of new social networking functionality. Remember that the site is a continuous work in progress.

Thank you for your suggestions, and keep them coming, but please be patient as these things all take time to develop.

Re:Other member's profiles, messeges etcetera 11 years 4 months ago #6736

• zafod
Andy Fearon wrote:
paza wrote:

best regards,
paza

Andy Fearon wrote:
paza wrote:
Hi,

/paza

Regards

Andy

I have plans for all sorts of new social networking functionality. Remember that the site is a continuous work in progress.

Thank you for your suggestions, and keep them coming, but please be patient as these things all take time to develop.

Hi Andy - any update on your plans yet? Cheers

Re:Other member's profiles, messeges etcetera 11 years 4 months ago #6737

• andyfearon
Not anything that you will see for now. I'm working on a major update to the software that sits behind the site in order to improve defences against hackers and spammers. It's quite a complex process as there are already so many different features on the site, each of which needs to be upgraded individually.

It troubles me that some of the features on the site rely on Flash, such as the videos and music players, which means that iPad and iPhone users don't get the full experience.

The result of the upgrade may result in a version of the site being optimised for mobile devices, but that would be a happy side-effect rather than an aim in itself, but it would help me sleep better at night.

I did think about adding some social networking features but since there is already an official Steve Harley Facebook page, and since Facebook do that sort of thing so well, it seems overkill to duplicate those features here.

I do work full time (to keep me in bananas) and am currently working on a project that keeps me away from home a fair bit, so the time I can spend on research and development is limited right now.

Any major new features would also need the approval of Comeuppance and they have been understandably quite busy for months preparing for Saturday.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions for new features, post them here.

Post a popular idea and you might see it get developed sooner rather than later.

Andy
  • Page: