Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A record for my mother

A record for my mother 6 years 10 months ago #12259

• Pieter
Dear Steve,

I hope with all my heart that this message will reach you. On the 21th of February, I lost my mother to cancer.
She was a very big fan of you and throughout the years I became a very big fan too. When we still had it, we listened too "The Best Years of our Lives" over and over. Her favorite of your songs were Make me Smile, Sebastian and Mr. Raffles.
Sadly the record broke a couple of years ago.
During her last few months in the hospital, your music was played lots of times. We sang along to Make me Smile and Mr. Raffles like old times :-)

Sadly now she's gone. The first song that played on her funeral was Make me Smile. Soon we will scatter her ashes.
The reason I am writing you this is become I have a special request. I want my mother's last wish to be granted.
She wanted me to play "The Best Years of Our Lives" while we were saying goodbye.
I would want to ask you if you think it would be possible to send me a signed copy of this record. I know that my request is irregular, but I know that it would mean the world to my mother for this to happen. Can you Make her Smile up there? :-)

I hope this is possible for you. In the attachments there is a photo of my mother and also her death certificate to show you that I am not a fraud.

My adress is: Verbeuldestraat 1, 9185 Wachtebeke, BELGIUM
My name is Pieter Van Esbroeck

I hope with all my heart that this reaches you. You are my hero!
Attachments:
Please login/register to post on the forum.

A record for my mother 6 years 10 months ago #12263

• Munchkin1
Dear Pieter,
So very sorry to learn of the loss of your dear Mother.....I do hope that Steve is able to grant you your wish.
Kind regards
Jackie x

A record for my mother 6 years 10 months ago #12275

• cheri
Yes, your story is heartbreaking. I wish you all the best.

Cheri