Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ideas for site

Ideas for site 12 years 3 months ago #3609

• psychomenagerie
Don't know if you'll find this helpful, but could you introduce more sections for people to post in, such as sports and then sections in the sports section for different sports, football, rugby, cricket, etc, News items, entertainment, other artists, etc, perhaps run daily, weekly,or monthly polls, The U2 Interference site is a good example of this with their forum section, I'm not saying an exact copy, but food for thought.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: Ideas for site 12 years 3 months ago #3610

• psychomenagerie
This was supposed to go in the suggestions category.

Re:Ideas for site 12 years 3 months ago #3614

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
No thanks. Don't fancy a sports forum here. Plenty of other places for that.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Ideas for site 12 years 3 months ago #3616

• Daz401
  • I've been thro 700 changes, and thats just a few
Stella, Yes no sport in here, just music

Re:Ideas for site 12 years 3 months ago #3619

• RichW
After a difficult couple of years, the only thing that really kept me going was Steve's music. 2 years ago I brought a guitar for the first time at the age of 52 and subsequently tried to teach myself watching Steves left hand on You-Tube. This was going ok until I crushed my left hand badly in an accident.

Straight after the op which involved wires holding the thing together again, I kept trying to play despite the pain and the hand being pretty useless. Ive got to the point now where it's about 90% functional. It would probably still be useless had it not been for Steve, his music and my guitar. The surgeon said it was probably the best hand therapy I could have had!

I know there has been some song chords put on the forum by Steve (Friend For Life, I seem to remember), but what i'd love to see on the site is a section for chords or tabs, eventually covering most of Steve's songs, submitted by those more musical forum members, or indeed Steve himself if time permits.

Would love to add to, and improve my rather dodgy current repertoire! It really is amazing therapy, not just for the hand, but the heart and soul too!!

Re:Ideas for site 12 years 3 months ago #3620

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Sorry to hear about your accident but keep persevering Rich. I still have the guitar my grandfather bought me when I was 11 but I've almost given up. My fingers are short and any chord that spans more than three frets is nigh on impossible for me. Of course, some of the easier chords are achievable. But yes, a section on this site with song chords and tabs would be great.........though I wouldn't mind paying if Steve produced a chord book?
I'm trying to tackle the mandolin now...........and I have a uke.......great fun!!
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.