Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ballerina (Prima Donna)

Ballerina (Prima Donna) 6 years 9 months ago #12319

• getintheswing
Hi
Is Ballerina (Prima Donna) out in any digital format, ie CD or digital download? I was going through my old stuff in the loft last week & came across my old 45's, I've not got a turn table any more. That track meant a lot to me back in the 80's when I split from my girlfriend at the time., I played that record to death. I've been going through Google, Amazon & itunes but nothing comes up. Please Steve put it out there in some sort of digital format for your fans to buy, I'm sure there are other like me.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Ballerina (Prima Donna) 6 years 9 months ago #12322

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
It does seem strange that Ballerina Prima Donna hasn't appeared on any album or even on Steve's anthology. It is popular (especially with the ladies apparently) but it's definitely not a winner for me.
I suggest you buy a turntable or re-live that episode in your life through YouTube.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Stella Day. Reason: I was too harsh....even by my standards.

Ballerina (Prima Donna) 6 years 6 months ago #12480

• Fox
I also like this track and had the single. Like you I was surprised that it doesn't appear on CD. From what I can make out, this track was written by Mike Batt (or maybe co written with Steve, I'm not sure) but for whatever reason, Steve doesn't seem to consider it a "Steve Harley track" and seems to have distanced himself from it. I don't know the exact politics behind it but I have collected all Steve's material for years, and have never seen it see the light of day since the first single release, and to be honest, I don't expect to see it again. Hold on to the 45 is my advise and invest in a vintage record player.