Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Holborn Fan's comments

Holborn Fan's comments 5 years 9 months ago #12775

• RachelPAtoSH
Wanted to share this on the website but not very adept IT wise!

Just wanted to say thanks to Steve, Barry, and James (along with all the crew) for a night to remember in a truly intimate venue.

Attending the end of the sound check we were treated to a little one on time with Steve and the guys. A great set list ensured a wonderful time was enjoyed by all and even though Steve was obviously in some discomfort (post hip), he clearly enjoys performing as much as ever and delivered a masterclass.

During the sound check I was invited to chip in with the chorus of Best years to Steve’s lead and shared a “duet” with the man himself for a few bars! While others queued for photographs at the end of the sound check (including my better half), I simply stood with a huge smile on my face which has barely left my face since.

As I said proudly to Steve at the time, the Lord can take me now – I can die happy! 

Thanks again and best wishes to all

John Leadley

Ps – Best Years is still the fav but what a track is Ordinary People!!!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Holborn Fan's comments 5 years 9 months ago #12776

• RachelPAtoSH
sent by John Leadley

Holborn Fan's comments 5 years 9 months ago #12778

• RachelPAtoSH
Hi, i hope Steve gets a minute to read this.
My name is Cameron Budge. I am 55 and live in Napier New Zealand.
The Human Managerie album had a profound affect on me when I was 11-12 years of age. I listened to it may 1000 and upward times. I learnt all of the parts by ear, including Lyrics.
I decided then and there that i would name my son Sebastian. (and i did in 1994 when he was born).
I am a drummer and teach drumming. I read and play shows, I teach and play pipe band drumming and play in 'Infinity' www.Infinitymusic.co.nz
check it out if you like
Home [www.infinitymusic.co.nz]
www.infinitymusic.co.nz
People ask us 'what does Infinity sound like?'. We reply 'well...that's a difficult question to answer'.. We might state that we are an instrumental rock band with a love of wide open spaces and exotica.

The essence of why I am writing is to thank Steve for the profound , colourful and mesmerising impact his music has had on my life. Both musically and by way of his visionary lyrics.
please pass this on
Regards
Cameron