Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: NOT HAPPY

NOT HAPPY 8 years 4 months ago #10846

• AndyC
Having encouraged five friends who have never seen Steve Harley before to buy tickets for the Scunthorpe gig tomorrow at £35 each plus booking fee the venue / promoter is now offering tickets at HALF PRICE to fill unsold seats. This offer does not apply to those people who booked and paid full price many months ago !! I'm sure you can imagine how this makes us feel ? I would welcome comment from Steve or his management on this unusual and disturbing situation. How can people have faith in booking tickets in advance if this is allowed? ?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

NOT HAPPY 8 years 4 months ago #10847

• Mr Raffles
Must be very annoying for you and your friends Andy. Kind of opposite to the way the black market works where ticket prices are inflated due to the large demand. Disappointing that the venue didn't sell out and embarrassing for Steve and the management that you've been 'stitched up' somewhat.

NOT HAPPY 8 years 4 months ago #10849

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
AndyC wrote:
Having encouraged five friends who have never seen Steve Harley before to buy tickets for the Scunthorpe gig tomorrow at £35 each plus booking fee the venue / promoter is now offering tickets at HALF PRICE to fill unsold seats. This offer does not apply to those people who booked and paid full price many months ago !! I'm sure you can imagine how this makes us feel ? I would welcome comment from Steve or his management on this unusual and disturbing situation. How can people have faith in booking tickets in advance if this is allowed? ?

I can see why you're annoyed but I'd still rather pay more and be guaranteed the seats of my choice than gamble on seats being available at any price closer to the concert date. And I'd always rather go to a concert where all seats were sold than sit in a half-empty venue.

If you thought £35 was a reasonable price to pay when you bought the tickets I can't see the problem though.

I've paid £10 on websites like lastminute.com for a seat to a West End play and sat noxt to others who've paid £60 for theirs. It's the same thing really.....but what you're talking about is unusual. Hope you and your friends enjoy the concert all the same.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , MirrorFreak52

NOT HAPPY 8 years 4 months ago #10850

• RachelPAtoSH
This comes as a surprise to us. We know nothing about discounted tickets.
The Promoter has the right, but this has been organised without our knowledge, or our/Steve's agreement. Perhaps the seats are "limited view"?
We are sorry for anyone who feels annoyed by this. But I can confirm the best seats are sold out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , MirrorFreak52

NOT HAPPY 8 years 4 months ago #10851

• AndyC
Hi Rachel
Thanks for your replies, however I must point out a number of significant inaccuracies.
If you check the Baths Hall facebook you can see that the offer applies to top price tickets, where there is definately no restricted view.This shows that 132 people have taken up this offer.
Furthermore if you log on to the Baths hall website right now you would be able to purchase scores of "best seats" - ie top price at £35 - within 2 rows of our seats.
This action of selling half price tickets might make 132 people happy but will have exactly the opposite effect on the three or four hundred who have booked in advance and paid full price.
Whatever you say about this decision it reflects badly on the artist and is a slap in the face for loyal fans.
I hope my friends enjoy the show tonight despite feeling that they should not have booked in advance.

NOT HAPPY 8 years 4 months ago #10854

• DaveHornby
Your point is well made Andy.
However, this is the first time I have ever heard of a venue doing this in all my years as a Harley fan, and it certainly never happened when I was working for Steve on tour.
This is purely down to the promoter, and while it is indeed a slap in the face for the fans who bought tickets at full price, it should not reflect on Steve in any way.
He and the band are not responsible for the promoter's actions, and if I know Steve at all, he won't be exactly over the moon either.
He cares very much about the fans' opinions and experiences.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , joanna, MirrorFreak52