Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: radio clyde ....now

Re:radio clyde ....now 13 years 11 months ago #627

• marthaworrell@btinternet.
Yep ...Listened to the Man himself on Radio Clyde..Excellent...Loved Billy Sloan's comment about seeing Steve and C. R. at the Glasgow Apollow when Sailor were the support....Cannot wait for Edinburgh May 26th....
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:radio clyde ....now 13 years 11 months ago #631

• Pandorah
Absolutely stunning!

I also Sat listening Billy Sloan’s show Live on line last night with ( I kid you not ) butterfly’s in my stomach , excitement you wouldn’t believe !

It was amazing; to listen to some of the brand new Tracks of this New Album, Stranger comes to town! Clear pure live sound with no interruptions or distraction’s brand new views and tunes  LIVE, and so so alive

Don’t you just love surprises? I just love surprises! And the show was full of them, from start to finish, not knowing what was coming next. Starting with the new, the intrigue, and the fascination! And always with little bit of an intrepid trepidation! I follow the leader, through new lines and views, when ever I first hear any New Harley song, the thrill, as it’s always been, right back from the beginning, back in the days when Judy Teen kicked off, for me, and still to this very day, is always a surprise! It’s old as the Hills now but when Steve sang it last night after the first new song, I was thrilled! It still delighted me, had me smiling, as he snatched me away from the present song and thoughts of days now, and how deep I had been taken into this Tale! Back he snatched me to my happy Judy teen Days!

James on me soft, so softly beckoned on by Mr H was blinding, made me grin ear to ear and Barry’s Bow pulled my little heart strings so tight, I almost left this world ! (To heaven and back) I swear my eyes filled up, brilliant listening.

When Mr H paused for thought! And let out a sigh, then laughed, as he considered the lack of a live Audience, I could just see and hear in my minds eye, Harley Fans up and down the length and breadths of this land and beyond! Around the world even! Throwing up cheers of delights, from every quite house hold’s that had to be hushed for the time he was on air! (Well this house hold was) Shhh SH’s is on….

Absolutely brilliant, I was right there! All the way, and when given a glimpse of shop singing on backing! I smiled, now that did Amused to me, How cool was that!

As I said! Full of surprises! As Barry took on the solo on Guitar (Make me smile) I was rather hoping! Waiting for it in a different guise though!
(Rather like that solo on Violin too)

From what I’ve savoured from the track’s I’ve heard so far I’ve a feeling there’s going to be a lot of deep deep emotions drawn , unearthed ! When I finally get to sit down and listen to this Album. I can tell you that faith and Virtue has constantly been playing on my mind all day! I’ve picked up the tune straight away! Been walking around humming it! And of cause them words No Hope! No Faith, No Virtue just won’t go away!

I did wipe a tear yesterday, as Steve sang the next last time I saw you!

These New songs are of a time. These troubled times

So I guess! The next time I see you, my eyes will be red from constant crying
Huge appreciation to Billy Slone for airing such a wonderful insight into the new Album. It made my day. Made me smile, loved it. Great interview, very friendly happy, satisfied and relaxed listening. Loved it,

Thank you
Please login/register to post on the forum.
  • Page: