Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LOOKING FOR A LIVE TRACK

LOOKING FOR A LIVE TRACK 14 years 3 days ago #593

• adz59shadow
Hi all
Im looking for a live version of Mr Soft which featured on a SHCR album.

All i can remember is the cover was red with steve in a fur waistcoat i believe.

If anyoine can help it would be appreciated!

Ps it thing it was called something like the definitive collection and it was on vinyl
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:LOOKING FOR A LIVE TRACK 14 years 2 days ago #598

• KarenM
The album is called "Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel - The Collection" and was a double LP in 'The Collectors Series" published by Castle Communications in 1988 - their reference number was CCSLP 197

Their address in case it is still live/still helps was Castle Communications PLC, Unit 7, Merton Road, London SW18 5JS

Several of the tracks on side 3 and 4 were live including Mr Soft

If you can't get hold of a copy via the originators then try Netsounds.com (www.netsounds.com) a secondhand web warehouse that brings together all the second hand offerings in the UK, Europe and beyond.

Good luck in tracking down a copy
Go if you must but you know you'll always be so easy to find

Re:LOOKING FOR A LIVE TRACK 13 years 2 months ago #2077

• adz59shadow
Live Track now found...
It took a few christmas presents and a bit of vinyl to MP3 but here it is.......

Still the best verison of Mr Soft EVER!

Re:LOOKING FOR A LIVE TRACK 13 years 2 months ago #2078

• cockneyrebel1
B) I agree about this version being the best live version ever! It is new to me.....I loved it!!!! B)

Re:LOOKING FOR A LIVE TRACK 13 years 2 months ago #2079

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
See, I'm torn. I found this one a while back and was all "OMG this is amazing" (I really like that whole album ESPECIALLY that version of Finally a Card Came) but then there is that live one from 75 (I'll post a link when I remember where I put it) that is much quicker and has a really cool staccato, almost jazz like delivery that got me swooning.

It's like choosing between my children. If I had any. Which I don't.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel