Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Current Tour Set List

Current Tour Set List 12 years 9 months ago #2620

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
Many thanks to everyone regarding pasting up the set list - I couldn't remember it all, it just took my breath away!

I can only ever remember hearing Ritz and Cavaliers performed once in the UK and my mind might be playing tricks with that assumption!

Both 'The Beatles' and 'Dylan' covers were played with such panache and gusto they were natural fits!

A good mix with my only misses being Best Years, Tumbling Down, Death Trip and Understand but that would have taken the concert well past three hours and Steve's leg was giving him some pain during the encore at Wavendon (and yes even though a seated venue we danced during the encore in front of the stage, in the aisles and in front of the seats!).

This group a talented musicians deserve a bigger stage! How the music channels can't find time in their schedules to showcase the numerous 60s, 70s and 80s bands currently performing live around the country beggars belief!

I am sure there is an opening for an OGWT type live music channel - unless one exists and I don't get it with Virgin Media, thanks Rupert for nothing! - for us old and not so old (sorry Ana, Cheri, Rachel and anybody younger than my 52 1/2 years)rockers!

Gone are the days where chart success was the be all and end all!

I am sure the Kudos is nice, but playing 'live' is surely the be all and end all to any rock musicians life - paying homage to your fans be it in front of 80,000 at Glasto or IOW or just 384 at Wavendon (by the way that is its' capacity)is what it is all about!

I am, as some of you are aware, a Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher (silly title I know - what happened to good old 'Games master')in South Essex and for me it is always about the children and never about me!

I adore my job and do it passionately, freely giving up my time to take children to events outside of school hours and during school holidays and will hate it when I can no longer do it and I am sure I am no different to Steve and the rest of Cockney Rebel in that respect!
Please login/register to post on the forum.