Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: set list for new tour

set list for new tour 14 years 3 months ago #220

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
It seems the message has been passed on to steve re 'muriel the actor' making a comeback on the 2010 tour.
the general consensus on here seems to be that most people would like three old tracks revived.
i.e. muriel as mentioned,plus cavaliers and what ruthy said,come on rachel get the message to portugal and see if our man is up for all three being included.(fingers crossed).
I MADE A COMMENT IN THE FORUM A WHILE AGO THAT MURIEL HAD BEEN DONE LOADS OF TIMES IN THE PAST,my memory is longer than some on here but the 73/74/75 period it was on the set list frequently,and stew griffin is right it was the opening song at crystal palace,also if i recall sheffield city hall and a few others around that time,so i was a bit naughty with my loads of times comment,but back then,as now,i went to 75% of the live concerts,that is why it probably stands out in my memory.thinking about it,this current rebel line up would do justice to most,(if not all), of the human menagerie and the psychomodo tracks,would be an interesting experiment if steve and the boys could re-record the two albums in their entirity,in a 2010 stylii !!!
sweet dreams,and boy would they sell...............
any one agree...discuss please
jimbo,rebelfreak no.1. :laugh:
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:set list for new tour 14 years 3 months ago #308

• Maelitta
About the 2010 Tour, would somebody here be able to tell me which musicians / which Cockney Rebel will be on stage with Steve ?

Re:set list for new tour 14 years 3 months ago #309

• Cocnerebel
Nothing confirmed yet but I would suspect it will be Robbie Gladwell, Lincoln Anderson, Barry Wickens, Stuart Elliott and the wonderful James Lascelles.

Well, they are all wonderful really :cheer:

Re:set list for new tour 14 years 3 months ago #312

• Maelitta
Stuart Elliott ??? wooooo !
I have more or less always followed him. Excellent drummer.
He played drums with Cherry Vanilla (who is not only a ex Bowie groupie but also produced 2 excellent albums).
The others, I don't really know them ...
I suppose Barry Wickens does the violins ?

Re:set list for new tour 14 years 3 months ago #313

• Cocnerebel
Barry Wickens violin and guitar, James Lascelles keyboards and percussion, Robbie Gladwell guitar, Lincoln Anderson bass.

All are very accomplished musicians. You will not be disappointed :)

Re:set list for new tour 13 years 8 months ago #1281

• Maelitta
Recently I was re-watching this DVD I have "Legends of Rock - Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel Live From London"" (1984) and I was impressed with the way Barry Wickens plays violin : with a kind of grace.
I regret I was too far from the stage in Holmfirth to see him better. He is a great musician. And a quiet good looking lad :laugh: