Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WHICH HARMONICA?

WHICH HARMONICA? 13 years 3 months ago #1941

• Reb55

I would be interested to know which make of harmonica and in which key, Steve uses on stage.
I remember, a number of years ago now, Steve telling in a diary entry of how one night he had gone on stage forgetting ut his harmonica and how he had been stunned to be handed one from the front row in the exact key (from Karen Morrisons handbag i think). The key of B rings a bell. Does anyone know for sure? Karen maybe?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:WHICH HARMONICA? 13 years 3 months ago #1942

• Cocnerebel
Steve is very generous with his harmonicas and I am one of those lucky enough to have been given one during a concert in Birkenhead a few years back. It is a Hohner "Marine Band" in the key of A and was used during "Tumbling Down".

By the way, it was nice to meet you and your lovely wife the day after Holmfirth when I was wandering around in that fine rain that soaks you!!

Re:WHICH HARMONICA? 13 years 3 months ago #1943

• Reb55
Thank you very much for the information. I'm off to ebay now to try and purchase my own. As you can see from my profile pic' I'm not a real musician but have fun working out and playing for my own amusement at home.
Likewise, it was lovely to meet you in Holmfirth. In hindsight we should have invited you back for some breakfast. Maybe another time? Maybe "anytime"!
Thanks again.
Oh! PS, We mentioned to you that we could be found lurking in the background of the Queens Hall interviews. Sorry but it was yours that we gatecrashed. :unsure: :unsure:

Re:WHICH HARMONICA? 13 years 3 months ago #1944

• RachelPAtoSH
Steve plays Hohner Blues Harp in A for Tumbling Down. Marine Band are cheaper, but he found they don't "bend the notes" so well, and doesn't use them now.

Re:WHICH HARMONICA? 13 years 3 months ago #1945

• Reb55
Thanks for the update Rachel. Sadly I purchased a Hohner Marine Band earlier this afternoon. Not to worry, the difference it will make to my note bending will not be noticeable. I was more interested in what key he uses. I was struggeling a bit with my own in the key of C.
One more question. Were you the very attractive woman seen leaving the Picturedrome in the green car on the afternoon of New Years Eve? ;)
Happy New Year!

Re:WHICH HARMONICA? 13 years 3 months ago #1946

• Cocnerebel
<< PS, We mentioned to you that we could be found lurking in the background of the Queens Hall interviews. Sorry but it was yours that we gatecrashed >>

Ahaaaaa ........... I will take another look then!!

And I am sorry for the bum steer about the "Marine Band" harmonica, which was done in all innocence. Trust me to get the cheaper version ;)