Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Glasgow ABC 22-11-10

Glasgow ABC 22-11-10 13 years 5 months ago #1697

• chinacatalba
Outstanding show by Steve, James and Barry last night. I was surprised that it was in the smaller venue in the ABC but that was a treat for my wife Judith and I as we always wanted to see Steve in a more intimate venue. Those that didn't or couldn't turn out missed an exceptional show despite the sound problems that manifested occasionally.

Too many highlights to mention, both sets ran for close to 80 minutes and the crowd were up for a sing along which Steve always appreciates. Once he warmed up and relaxed the banter flowed from stage to crowd and back again with a couple of donations to children in need as a result of requests. A Friend for life was an impromptu highlight, the closest thing Judith and I have to an "our tune", thanks Veronica.

Roll on 2011. :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Glasgow ABC 22-11-10 13 years 5 months ago #1709

• Roni
Your welcome, glad my hubby and I are not the only ones who have this as "our song". It was our "First Dance". Bet not many people have Steve Harley as that!! We would agree that this was one of his best concerts and we have been to a few over the years, even though we are what I would class as youngish fans!

... and you can relive the moment again

Enjoy! V. :) :)

Re:Glasgow ABC 22-11-10 13 years 5 months ago #1718

• chinacatalba
And relive it we did. Thanks so much Veronica.

Killer line for us is Will you come with me in the certain knowledge, the catch is there's no catch at all?

It was Judith who got me back into Steve Harley; she saw him at the Queens Hall Edinburgh ( Death Trip and interview show on Isle of Wight dvd). He'd kind of fell off the radar for me years ago.

The first gig of his we went to together was Carnegie Hall Dunfermline 2005.

We catch Steve whenever he is north of the border. Queens Hall earlier this year was great so twice in one year is the icing on the cake.

Thanks again

John & Judith

:)

Re:Glasgow ABC 22-11-10 13 years 5 months ago #1720

• ayjaydee
AFFL is also "our song". I just "happened" to have it playing when I picked up my now wife after only meeting her once before. I just knew she was the one.
Got married in Vegas earlier this year and went down the aisle to Safe and came out to AFFL.
Saw Steve last week at Reading and off to the Brook in a few weeks to see the band.
Mr Harley I thank you for being a major part of our lives.