Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2010 Tour

Re:2010 Tour 14 years 5 months ago #158

• psychomodo
A strange thing happened to me the night I went to see The Kinks during their 'Schoolboys in Disgrace' tour here in the states. I fell in love. Not with a fine, foxy, female concert goer, but with the little known opening act who hit the stage like a whirlwind and swept me off my feet. Yes, this siren sang her sweet songs and wailed her blood thirsty screams and I was all hers....After that night I searched far and wide and eventually came to find her again. She had gone 'Back to the Farm'...30 some years have passed, and I heard her calling again. I'm so excited to say I'll be heeding the call and coming cross the pond to be in the Sirens presence again;-)
Mike
also CAVALIERS, DON'T GO DON'T CRY, SEEKING A LOVE/GIMME MORE, NOTHING IS SACRED,LIGHTHOUSE, to name a few
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:2010 Tour 14 years 5 months ago #161

• groverhead
Cavaliers - it was maybe 2002, Blackheath concert hall in south London, Steve and band , the same band as now, but Adam was on drums, played a blinding version of that amazing song. Steve on harmonica and Fender fuittar. It blew the place apart. I would love to hear Cavaliers back in the 2010 set.

Re:2010 Tour 14 years 5 months ago #164

• Benethi
Mr Raffles please :)

Death Trip and Ritz would of course be good too...

The Lighthouse and Sebastian are surely givens...

Bed in the Corner, Sling it and Tumbling Down all in one?

Ooh, and could I put in a request for a new live album with The Lighthouse on it?

:cheer:

Re:2010 Tour 14 years 5 months ago #165

• Ray Smith
What Ruthy Said

Re:2010 Tour 14 years 5 months ago #166

• sebcarroll
Loved the additions of "How Good it feels" and "The Lightouse" to last years tour. We'll be at 4 of the gigs on the 2010 tour, it would be great to hear "Victim of love", "Understand", "The Alibi" or "New Fashioned Way" added to the setlist. I could suggest so many more from Steve's discography but I'd be here all night!

Good suggestion from Benethi for a new live album, my dad reckons Steve mentioned in Bilston last year that it was being recorded, has anyone heard anything about this?

Re:2010 Tour 14 years 4 months ago #180

• RachelPAtoSH
We are compiling a list, for Steve, of your suggestions re songs for the 2010 tour schedule. Of course, the set-list will change from night-to-night, to some degree, as it always has done, and the bulk of the new CD "Stranger Comes To Town" may feature, but KEEP SENDING YOUR SUGGESTIONS!
BTW: Steve can't recall ever playing Muriel The Actor on stage, at least not since The Human Menagerie was released in the early 70s. It's in the mixing-pot for consideration now though!