Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: amazing night at port meirion

amazing night at port meirion 13 years 7 months ago #1460

• nettynod
well, what can i say? what an amazing night at Port Meirion, it was fantastic to see the other bands ( Chloe Hall trio and Show of Hands ) i hadnt seen either of these bands before and will def look to go to see them again and Steve was amazing, a couple of technical hitches but nothing that deflected any of the enjoyment for the crowd, it was truly 4 hours of unadulterated pleasure and highs with a crescendo at the end when Steve and the boys were joined on stage by the other musicians for the finale of 'Come up and see me!!!'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:amazing night at port meirion 13 years 7 months ago #1461

• MattB
I concur entirely; it was a wonderful evening in a fantastic setting. By a (kind) Simple Twist Of Fate I was able to attend and enjoy such a red-letter day. Excellent.

Re:amazing night at port meirion 13 years 7 months ago #1463

• PeterJH
Yes, it was an amazing night. Hercules Hall was just perfect! So intimate. Hopefully it is one concert I'll never forget.

AND IT WAS ALL FOR A WORTHY CAUSE! Nice one Steve, Barry and James.

Re:amazing night at port meirion 13 years 7 months ago #1464

• anichols
Set List anyone?

Re:amazing night at port meirion 13 years 7 months ago #1465

• RachelPAtoSH
Set list: Steve stayed on in Portmeirion for a few days. Only he can confirm exactly what was played; the musicians confirm that he did change the list they had on stage, as he went along. Tumbling Down was added without warning! Full list when Steve gets the chance to deliver it to me. I do know from a phone call yesterday, that he had "an unforgettable experience. What a place it is, and the audience kept giving great vibes all through the set." Rachel (PA to SH)
PS On the November acoustic dates, Steve will be accompanied on-stage by James Laascelles and Barry Wickens.