Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Death Trip lyrics

Re:Death Trip lyrics 13 years 7 months ago #1438

• crazy horse
STELLA ,i have no doubt you are a lovely person ,i like to beleive that most people are ,and THANK GOD for humour ,where would we all be without it ,your wlcome to pull my chain anytime ,and i will certainly pull yours ,if indeed a suitable chance shows its self . PARTY ON! ;)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Death Trip lyrics 13 years 7 months ago #1442

• adam6tt
Many thanks for contacting the relative of Andrew Powell, Crazy Horse. It will be great if you get anything that will help clear this up.

(Not too sure how your communications with Stella add to our understanding of the issue at hand, though! :unsure: )

In the 35 odd years that I have been listening to Death Trip, I have never once considered that the lyrics may be in Italian or another language!!

Also, my mistake - it is not run, run, run but son, son son!! Could be sun but I think "son" is more likely to be referring to a person as in "you'll take some licking now".

Re:Death Trip lyrics 13 years 7 months ago #1443

• crazy horse
like i said i have contacted a person who described himself as "a close relative of ANDREW POWELL"im sure he will be nice enough to reply if he receives my mail ,but as i got his mail address from a site when i was trying research ANDREW POWELLS contact address ,i dont how long ago that email address had been on there ,or if it is still valid (lets hope so) we also have to take into account that ANDREW POWELL could be working overseas at this time so we do need the gods with us on this one , but if i do hear i will post straight away PS dont worry about me and STELLAS playful banter , its just our way of having fun!

Re:Death Trip lyrics 13 years 7 months ago #1445

• MattB
It's:

Run like a chicken or you'll taste of vinegar and salt, salt salt!

Wish I had a ticket for Portmeirion!

Re:Death Trip lyrics 13 years 7 months ago #1446

• MattB
No wait!
For sure the lyric is...

All the boys say run a chicken or you'll take some lickin' my son, son, son!

I first met Geoff Emerick (who engineered The Human Menagerie) many years ago by chance walking into the same studio as it was recorded (AIR Studios number One). He is very used to people walking up and asking him about his work with The Beatles (Sgt Pepper...) but was delighted when I mentioned Steve Harley. He loved the whole experience and is justifiably proud of it. As you do, I had my vinyl copy with me and we sat and listened to Sebastian (very loud) there'n'then. Sometimes great opportunities arise and you just gotta grab 'em!

Re:Death Trip lyrics 13 years 7 months ago #1447

• Relled
I always took it to mean "You'd better leg it or your gonna get beat up...my son!"
I may be a bit thick but I've always wondered what Steve shouts at the beginning of of the live "Face To Face" lp sounds like "What a fiddle" ??? but I'm pretty sure it cant be! Any clues anyone?