Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stranger in my head

Stranger in my head 13 years 8 months ago #1323

• prima donna
I want to know if anyone else has had the same experience as me since Stranger was released.
I have every LP and CD that Steve has released and have played them over and over again, i sing Make Me Smile at kariokes, and am one of Steves biggest fans.
I posted my thoughts of Stranger and expressed how brilliant i thought it was, but i have never had the music in my head as i have with this new cd.
The problem is its never the same song, while shaving etc.. it could be any of the tracks on Stranger, and i mean any!
I have come to the opinion that this latest work is a masterpiece, catchy, professional and packed with passion and feeling.
Got to give it to you Steve, if this is your last effort, and i hope it isnt, you have saved the best till last!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Stranger in my head 13 years 8 months ago #1330

• Reb55
Yes, I can. I can relate to you completely. Even more so as my wife who is not such a fan as myself and who has heard the new masterpiece less, has been overheard singing to herself, snatches from different tracks. Songs acredited as having no hook by a crytic well known to this site. By a woman who is a self proclaimed "tone deaf". Take the men and the horses away! For sale baby shoes, never worn! No words express what he knows, etc',etc'. Yes, yes, yes I can relate to your experience and believe the phenomenon is more wide spread than the response to this topic suggests. To be known hereafter as the pandemic effect.

Re:Stranger in my head 13 years 8 months ago #1331

• prima donna
Reb, Thank god for that!! honestly i am nearly 50, my favourite album is Human Menagerie, but i have never woken up with crazy raver in head, but with stranger, it can be 2000 years, baby shoes, stranger, crash the universe etc... honestly i love it but i cant explain it??
i have seen steve perform so many times, but until now have never heard the tunes as i do with with stranger.
i never thought anything would beat Menagerie, but i have to admit stranger has already surpassed anything, and i mean anything steve has written and produced before, and that includes that song, which is a lengendary song.
so happy im not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!