Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Online Photobook with 40 Steve Harley pages

Online Photobook with 40 Steve Harley pages 2 years 3 weeks ago #13130

• Michael Green
I’ve recently completed a couple of photobooks of my Music Memorabilia collection and, as a life long Steve Harley fan, there are 40 pages dedicated to Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel.

I’m not selling copies of the book or any of my Steve Harley collection so hopefully I am not infringing any rules on the Forum.

I contributed a number of the items to the upcoming Glam book by Mark Paytress which is scheduled to be published around June/July time. Once I had done the photos and scans for the Glam book, it seemed sensible to carry on with my own book.

Other artists featured in the Music Memorabilia books are Blondie, Sex Pistols, XTC, The Vapors, Soft Cell and Lloyd Cole.

Here are the links:

Follow the link below to go straight to the 40 pages of Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel related music memorabilia in a flipbook:
heyzine.com/flip-book/9736f3b7cb.html#page/22

If you wish to view the flipbook from the beginning, follow this link:
heyzine.com/flip-book/9736f3b7cb.html##

Also available, Music Memorabilia - Volume 2 at
heyzine.com/flip-book/68017f2982.html#

I’ve also put a short advert on You Tube at

Hope you enjoy!
Michael
Attachments:
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Online Photobook with 40 Steve Harley pages 1 year 4 months ago #13170

• Jem 75
Hi Michael,

A simply great collection. As well as Steve and Cockney Rebel, also interested to see Suede, Soft Cell, Sparks et al (I've seen/heard three out of four of these).

You've picked up many autographs along the way and had some shared moments.

Thanks for sharing the links and all the best,
Jem 75

POSTSCRIPT: The only popstars that I've had direct contact with (one to one basis in terms of the senses - forgive me for referring to my engagement in 3rd year [mature] science study) are;

1995 - Bryan Ferry (nodded down to me in Oxford, when I and my partner were the first two 'up', in Oxford - we were in the second row, that night).

1996 - Neneh Cherry (London, Shepherds Bush Empire), we spoke and touched hands (my partner and I were right under the mic, for the whole gig. She is my favourite female artist, though also love Sia and Marcella Detroit. I should also mention Kate Bush, we were delighted to be able to attend one of her 22 shows, at the Hammersmith Eventim Apollo, in 2014 - the only time too, we've been inside the legendary venue. She was BRILLIANT!).

1998 - Sat opposite Glen Matlock (Sex Pistols, Rich Kids etc) on the tube (think it was Bakerloo Line, though it may have been Central Line?)

1 July 2023 - We caught up recently on IOW and Blondie's set and it was great to see and hear Glen a) looking well and b) playing well (as always). That's before mentioning that Debbie and Clem both still 'cut it' et al, very enjoyable.

Besides direct contact via the senses, I have exchanged emails with the great Stuart Elliott, of the earliest members of Cockney Rebel (2020, during lockdown). I was blown away by receiving a response. This couldn't have been conceived back in 1974, of course, when the band first grabbed my attention.

I'm impressed that you've managed such contact with some of the artists (less so, with others). Anyway your thread was very interesting. Marc Bolan and TRex were the earliest big impact for me - 'Get It On' (1971). But the biggest interests were/are, Cockney Rebel/ Roxy Music and Split Enz. In fact at 2am tomorrow morning, Split Enz are playing their 50th anniversary gig on Neil Finn's Fangradio (Audio only, I believe). I can't listen live, but Neil Finn will probably record the show and I will be able to listen to it later. Neil Finn's website refers.

I chose not to see/hear Roxy Music's recent 50th Anniversary Gigs in London (for personal reasons), but it's interesting. to me, that my three favourite bands of all time, are celebrating their 50th anniversaries, this year! Quality, or what!? Longevity, unquestionably!

VBW.

To all artists, managers, subscribers, followers, of this site, every best wish for Christmas and 2023!

J.

Edit addendum (15 Feb 2023): RE: my opening two lines. It will soon be 4/4! Sasha has recently booked SPARKS for us in May. This is getting like ‘the old days’, four gigs since October…age is a number – as well as a change in physiology, lol. I’ve always respected Sparks for their creativity, melody, subject matter and like Ian Hunter (big Mott fan, particularly in ’74 – though I have some 21st Century [Hunter] work), and of course Rebel, Roxy et al, their longevity. Noticed on recent look/listen to Mike Read’s Heritage Chart, Hunter and Starr have a song out, pretty good too…
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Jem 75. Reason: Regrading Glen Matlock...Debbie...Clem
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Green