Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steve’s concert at Nells London 22.12.19

Steve’s concert at Nells London 22.12.19 4 years 4 months ago #12985

• Usualsuspect
The lovely thing about a Steve Harley concert is that he always has a new story to tell, over the years you pick up intimate anecdotes which give an insight into Steve’s life, family, and friends. Even he admits he doesn’t know why he shares these stories with us, but we love them, and we love that he does. One such story steve told tonight he nearly let the cat out the bag, fortunately, he stopped short of telling us his wife’s Christmas present!

Nells Jaz & Blues Music Bar is a most welcoming wonderful small venue. We were no more than 6 feet from Steve so as close up as you can get to your idol. Fans will know Steve never sings his songs the same twice, the changes maybe subtle but they make a difference and when your singing along with him it keeps you on your toes. Seeing Steve and the band up close in such a small intimate venue turned out to be even more emotional than usual. I know Steve and the band felt it, the fans clearly felt it, and so did I.

It’s been a long time since my first concert in 1976 when I saw him at Hammersmith for the Prima Donna album, after the concert I was so elated I walked out of the venue with a young Steve Harley cardboard cutout under my arm, and to this day still have it in my loft! Steve played all the old favourites and I felt the same elation tonight, what amazed me is that steve continues to defy logic, after all this time you think, something’s got to give, but his shows, just get better. Tell Steve I even heard silence!

Thank you for a great night!! Until the next time.

Happy Christmas, and a Happy, Healthy, New Year to Steve, the band, the fans and to all of their families, now roll on February when Steve’s new album is out.......
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Steve’s concert at Nells London 22.12.19 4 years 4 months ago #12987

• RachelPAtoSH
Greetings Usual Suspect - we will make sure Steve reads your piece, and he will be very touched. Merry Christmas to you, all at Comeuppance
Please login/register to post on the forum.