Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Barnett Clutch

Barnett Clutch 4 years 11 months ago #12910

• HenryBraxton
Kind of a noob question. Bought a 2014 Road King last February. Love it, but the clutch pull has always been a beast. Just had the cable switched out while the bike was in for a warranty light issue and found out I have a Barnett racing clutch. Dealer said I could switch out to Screaming Eagle springs to lessen some of the pull.

I don't want to mess with the performance of the clutch if I can avoid it, but I do A LOT of in town riding for a couple hours at a time and the pull is an issue.

Traded some e-mails with Barnett and they've been great, but they're limited by my lack of knowledge. A-I inherited the bike/clutch and 2. I didn't see the clutch when they swapped out the cable. The tech that did the word and saw the clutch is of course on vacation for another week or so.

If I pull my derby cover and peek in there....what issues am I going to run into? Will I be able to take a pic to identify the clutch model? Can I put the derby cover right back on or am I going to need to add fluids and replace the gasket?

Your patience and grace is appreciated.
Please login/register to post on the forum.