Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Video and photos...

Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Video and photos... 5 years 11 months ago #12759

• Susan C
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - With Stuart Elliot - Judy Teen Glasgow Royal Concert Hall 19052018 And Orchersta and Choir...
Susan C
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Video and photos... 5 years 11 months ago #12760

• James T
anichols wrote:
Was it a different orchestra and choir to previous? Who was the girl backing singer?

The female singer was Gillian Glover. I can't remember if she was at the 2014 orchestral shows, maybe someone else can confirm?

It wasn't the Orchestra of the Swan. They weren't given a name during the show, but Steve mentioned that they were Scottish. I'm wondering if it was the same ensemble which performed Rick Wakeman's 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' a few years back in Glasgow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susan C

Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Video and photos... 5 years 11 months ago #12761

• Susan C
I'm afraid I don't know who the female singer was sorry....
It was probably the Orchestra of the Royal Academy of Music and Drama. I will try and find out for you...
Susan C

Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Video and photos... 5 years 11 months ago #12762

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Yes it was a scottish orchestra and choir this time.
Backing singer,guitar and percussion was Gillian Glover, daughter of former Deep Purple/Rainbow bassist Roger Glover, a recording artist in her own right .
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Video and photos... 5 years 11 months ago #12763

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
The conductor who stepped in at the last minute was BEDE WILLIAMS,musical director of St.Andrews new music ensemble and conductor of St Andrews chamber orchestra,so I presume it was them,as Bede was due to play trumpet on Saturday night .
He did a fine job.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Video and photos... 5 years 11 months ago #12764

• RachelPAtoSH
The orchestra was principally made up of The Wallace Collection, a Scottish ensemble lead by trumpeter John Wallace CBE. A second trumpeter booked for the show, Bede Williams, is also a highly-respected conductor and stepped in to fill the shoes of the ailing Andrew Powell. Bede did a magnificent job, we are reliably informed. Steve thought him "a Hero". Steve worked for a few hours with John Wallace and Bede on the musical scripts during the morning of the show, prior to rehearsals. You are all familiar with Steve's belief: "The answer is Yes, what's the question?"!! Steve and Production Manager Roger Searle were always determined the answer would be found. The music was in Wales with Andrew! PDFs and a brilliant and kind Copyist in Glasgow came to the rescue around breakfast time. Whew!! The choir was all-Scottish and Steve said they were wonderful. The soprano hit the Sebastian solo piece completely accurately. Steve's diary will be updated no doubt quite soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rebelfreak1, Stella Day, Susan C