Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Liverpool

Liverpool 6 years 3 months ago #12573

• Gilly
The Mike Garson show in Liverpool. Except for one major detail it was a perfect show.
Mike played the beloved tunes exactly like we know them and like they belong to be played. Or he played them even better when he improvised. No one else could do that but him!
And it was an excellent move to have a female singer sing the songs thus no danger that someone would try to impersonate our unique David! Gaby's voice was great, her vibrato gave a touching edge to those well-known tunes. She hit every note. And to be invited to sing-along later was heart-warming. We felt like a big family.
Under Pressure - sung with two other female singers - was the best version I've ever heard (and that includes those with David!)!
Steve Harley, my other hero, together with Mike on stage, singing Bowiesongs was a dream come true. He sounded so fresh, so inspired, so into it, it was a truely wonderful experience not to be missed! Sebastian fitted perfectly into the set being written roughly around the time of Aladdin Sane. The maestro's piano-playing ennobled my favourite song ever. It was pure bliss!
And during Changes and Sebastian Steve got back to greatness. I think it's due to the guitar, namely the lack of it. Whenever he has no guitar he can concentrate fully on the song and throw his whole self into it. He proved he can still be so much better than just strumming an axe.
You should have seen him dancing (next to) with Steve Norman to Let's Dance! Love-r-ly!
It was a just wonderful evening and worth every strain it took to travel to Liverpool right after returning from Cambodia!
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Gilly.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Liverpool 6 years 3 months ago #12574

• Munchkin1
I totally concur.....it was a fantastic night....and when Steve danced....we danced and danced!!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.