Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Garson/Harley

Garson/Harley 6 years 3 months ago #12568

• robertotechno
Lovely to read Stewart and Alexa's words about Liverpool, but for me the highlight was the Garson piano version, and Harley voice, with no other accompaniment, for A Friend For Life, with Steve mouthing every sacred syllable like his pen depended on it - pardon the poetry! Truly a wonderful, memorable set, though,, all four tracks being brilliantly performed by Mr H - Steve just grows in stature as the years pass. And Alexa is right that he sang his heart out on the Garson backed Sebastian. Great band - up there with the latest Cockney Rebel. What a night! I will come over from Frankfurt any time this show is repeated.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Garson/Harley 6 years 3 months ago #12569

• stewart g
Alexa and robertotechno agree with all your words! Alexa I confess to putting Mr Harley right when he said he fell off the stage at Liverpool Empire in 1975, it was 1976 !! I wasn't at Liverpool but was at Manchester the next night on The Timeless Flight Tour!! It's all good fun and great memories!! Incidentally just posted on YouTube is a fantastic film of the last song at Liverpool....let's dance...maybe Stella or GedKen could post it here?....next up is Lytham...still working on a question !!
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by stewart g. Reason: unknown
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheri

Garson/Harley 6 years 3 months ago #12575

• GedKen
My pleasure Stewart. :cheer:
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by GedKen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheri, newiejudy, Munchkin1

Garson/Harley 6 years 2 weeks ago #12674

• psychomenagerie
Didn't make it to any of the Aladdin Sane shows, but just watching on youtube looks like they'd have been great, but seeing Mr. h performing 2 Of Bowie's songs, and excellently at that, got me thinking, the 2 artists I've been listening to longer than any others, a common link in Ronno, just what sort of sounds could have been created with a Bowie/Harley duet,sadly we'll never know, but with 2 such creative geniuses i'm sure it would have been interesting, to say the least.
  • Page: