Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SEBASTIAN on Radio 2

SEBASTIAN on Radio 2 7 years 9 months ago #11739

• Michael Carraway
WOW!!! There was I, pootling at 55 along the M2 when Steve Wright mentioned watching SH on YouTube, "Sebastian". He called it "A Steve Harley Classic" and played the entire track, and I thought they won't hear anything like that all day and night on the radio. It was SUPERB!! I've just been to BBC iPlayer to hear it again (at about 2hours 8 mins in, and it really was that good. Made my day. Stables in November - bring it on :laugh: :woohoo: :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , floraromasdeflor

SEBASTIAN on Radio 2 7 years 9 months ago #11740

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Michael Carraway wrote:
WOW!!! There was I, pootling at 55 along the M2 when Steve Wright mentioned watching SH on YouTube, "Sebastian". He called it "A Steve Harley Classic" and played the entire track, and I thought they won't hear anything like that all day and night on the radio. It was SUPERB!! I've just been to BBC iPlayer to hear it again (at about 2hours 8 mins in, and it really was that good. Made my day. Stables in November - bring it on :laugh: :woohoo: :)

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07lx0nx

at precisely 02:10:53. Bliss!!

...and Today's most popular track was.........."Morningtown Ride" The Seekers.

There really is no accounting for taste :laugh:
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , floraromasdeflor

SEBASTIAN on Radio 2 7 years 8 months ago #11747

• cheri
Which version of "Sebastian" was it? Naturally, I wasn't able to hear it. And, Michael, is Steve playing at The Stables this year? I thought I didn't see it on the tour list.

Cheri

SEBASTIAN on Radio 2 7 years 8 months ago #11749

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Yes Cheri,Steve is back at the Stables on Tuesday November 1st.Time to check out those flights! Hows things in Montana?✈⏱
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

SEBASTIAN on Radio 2 7 years 8 months ago #11750

• cheri
Hey, Jimbo!! Long time no see. :) Weather is good here and I am growing loads of flowers. Everything grows like crazy here. But, I'd give anything to be at one of Steve's concerts. The music scene here isn't really my style. :/ I'm waiting for Steve to do a full band tour at the smaller venues with songs than span his career. I wouldn't mind a symphony concert thrown in there, too. I had to spend a lot of money last year on medical expenses ($20,000, and that's WITH health insurance), plus I recently bought a car. I think that's about enough for 4 trips to England or so. So, I'm watching my pennies and hoping for concerts like I described above. It's not that I love him any less, it's just hard right now, logistically and financially. Hope all is good with you. I saw pictures of Julie posted somewhere and she looks fabulous. So glad that she's recovered. Take care. :)