Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Three Wise Men

Three Wise Men 7 years 9 months ago #11720

• stewart g
Thanks for the article Jollyroger.Yes The Wedding Present probably have done the best recorded cover version of Make Me Smile,if only because they got the lyric and sang it with real venom.Many of the covers are a little too lightweight and don't do it justice.Having said that being on the B side of an American number one was probably not too disappointing for SH I'm sure!(Duran Duran The Reflex)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Three Wise Men 7 years 9 months ago #11721

• GedKen
I seem to remember that MMS was only the B-side on the UK version of The Reflex. Why that 'factoid' is knocking around in my bonce I have absolutely no idea. :blush:
The following user(s) said Thank You: , stewart g

Three Wise Men 7 years 9 months ago #11722

• stewart g
Your right GedKen thanks for correcting me.

Three Wise Men 7 years 9 months ago #11723

• GedKen
Hi Stewart, I seem to remember being caught out in a pub quiz (years ago) with that little nugget!

Three Wise Men 7 years 8 months ago #11745

• cheri
This is the first I've heard of Steve signing to Chrysalis Records. If that's what it takes to release a new album, or albums, more power to him. I'm still waiting in anticipation of news that he's been recording, or had plans to, and would love nothing more than an entire new set of songs to love. :) Steve, also please don't rule out the idea of another tour of the full band singing various songs from throughout your career at some of the smaller and more intimate venues. Lots of love to you from the US. :)

Cheri
  • Page: