Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: It made me smile.....

It made me smile..... 7 years 11 months ago #11634

• stewart g
So there I was in a Cafe last week ( scrambled eggs on toast with mushrooms and a nice pot of tea!) Suddenly I was drawn to what was playing on the radio as Jim Cregan's great guitar intro meant that Make Me Smile was with me again.The lady behind the counter then proceeded to sing the song all the way through,she got the words wrong here and there,but hey it's never The same twice.After it finished I heard her say to a colleague"I love that song,it's one of my favourites"....I just smiled and enjoyed the food even more..... :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , joanna

It made me smile..... 7 years 11 months ago #11644

• ajsmith
Thanks for sharing Stewart. It's always great when SH&CR pop on the radio. Here Comes the Sun got an airing last Sunday on the BBCR2 Good Morning Sunday show.

It made me smile..... 7 years 10 months ago #11649

• jjep
  • harley fan since hideaway
Some years ago I was on holiday in Andorra with my family. We were out shopping and when we just walk past a giant clothing store we hear the intro to Make Me Smile. I had to go into the store and buy something !
In my work I always hear the radio in the morning. And last year on my birthday, what happened ? The Danish radio played Make Me Smile. Could it be a coincidence , I think not but whatever , it made me smile !

It made me smile..... 7 years 9 months ago #11680

• Graeme
I hope you weren't singing with your mouth full Stew, because I have first hand knowledge of how you shovel down those cafe breakfasts. We need to do a Blake/Griffin family breakfast at the Farnworth Blue Cafe soon. Now that will make me smile Oooo la la la!