Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rant!

Rant! 8 years 4 months ago #11227

• DaveM
I have very little time for the BBC and can't wait for the day when the licence fee is scrapped.As for petitioning them i'm sorry to say that it will be a waste of time as i have experience of that course of action through the organisation i used to work for,
Due to unfair reporting on their news channel about the service i was employed in resulted in 100s if not 1000s of the staff complaining to the BBC.
The reply was a standard letter that i'm sure was written by the same people that write the spin for politicians, none of the issues raised were addressed and the BBC continued to report in the politically biased way they always have.
Steve has managed for many years without their support and im sure he will continue to succeed in the future without them.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Rant! 8 years 4 months ago #11261

• BowRose20
Totally agree. I'm 21 and I have to go back to the seventies and eighties to get my fix. Are there any young bands you would recommend to a hardcore Steve fan? Can't beat Steve for lyrics and sweeping instrumentals I know but I would love to hear someone at least try!

Rant! 8 years 4 months ago #11264

• DaveM
i think you will struggle to find any young bands of today that can compete with the bands from the 70s, carry on indulging yourself in eras you currently are,Have a look at the old grey whistle test on youtube for some classic 70s stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , BowRose20

Rant! 8 years 4 months ago #11267

• gill m
you could try Aussie band Pond for a younger take, but I second DaveM's advice about checking out OGWT on YouTube. particular tip: OGWT My Only Vice - brilliant
The following user(s) said Thank You: , BowRose20

Rant! 8 years 4 months ago #11269

• BowRose20
Wow, thanks for that suggestion. I have been watching Roxy Music and NY Dolls since you told me about the old grey whistle test. Enjoying Ferry and his sequins especially.

Rant! 8 years 4 months ago #11270

• BowRose20
It is brilliant. Just brilliant. Pond are pretty cool, are they doing well? Signed etc?
  • Page: