Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hitting the G-Live Spot in Guildford

Hitting the G-Live Spot in Guildford 8 years 4 months ago #10959

• Munchkin1
Steve is recording a new album early next year :cheer:
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Hitting the G-Live Spot in Guildford 8 years 4 months ago #10962

• Maggie Jones
It was very emotional in Guildford, tour ending etc. The Best Years song was a real highlight, as Steve allowed each band member to show their musical expertise and take a bow. Then, to cap a great night of musical brilliance and wonderful rendition s of some old favourites (All In A Life's Work especially, AND Nothing Is sacred, superb, we got a plain but emotional version of Tumbling Down, and the entire hall sang "Oh dear look what they've done to the blues." This was one of the best, maybe the very best, concerts I've ever seen, by SH and band or anyone else!
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Munchkin1

Hitting the G-Live Spot in Guildford 8 years 4 months ago #10963

• Mr Raffles
The Guildford crowd were quite subdued for the most part but appreciated Steve's music and found his stories amusing. A Timeless Flight complete live rendition could still be done next year with the first half of the show showcasing some of his new material. I do like this idea of performing complete albums live. It also means that set list critics(like myself) get to eventually hear just about all of his great songs live. Listening to a brilliant version of Back to the Farm the other night made me wonder why it's taken almost 40 years of concert going to hear it live once more.

Hitting the G-Live Spot in Guildford 8 years 4 months ago #10964

• DaveM
My hands are well and truly held high for a Timeless flight tour, in my opinion a superb album which was vastly underrated at its time of release.
An acoustic tour with Mona and Lisa also sounds good
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Munchkin1

Hitting the G-Live Spot in Guildford 8 years 4 months ago #10965

• Munchkin1
I must confess that when Steve sometimes forgets the words only adds to the total charm of him !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: , deemac

Hitting the G-Live Spot in Guildford 8 years 4 months ago #10966

• Munchkin1
Hi Dave, its Jackie! Welcome to the forum!!