Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Picturedrome Holmfirth 30/3/18

Picturedrome Holmfirth 30/3/18 6 years 2 weeks ago #12702

• yyydelilah
Can anyone tell me the song Steve sang in what would have been the interval? Just him, Bill Wickens and keyboard ! It gave me goosebumps. Thank you
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Picturedrome Holmfirth 30/3/18 6 years 2 weeks ago #12705

• jollyroger
heyyydelilah - my friends living in Huddersfield were at the gig, and they recall SH saying "no interval", the n played with just the violin and piano the song "STRANGER COMES TO TOWN" from the album of that title. its on sale on the official website. its a brilliant collection of Steve's special lyrics. how on earth did he sing it on that stool??? With guitar??
please let us know...REG
The following user(s) said Thank You: MirrorFreak52

Picturedrome Holmfirth 30/3/18 6 years 2 weeks ago #12706

• yyydelilah
Jolly roger, thank you so much; i’ve just listened and that is definitely the one although I think he sang it better on the night! It was a wonderful concert, he was on top form despite having to sit throughout. I think there were a couple of times he wanted to get up and rock it out hahahaha. I’ve been a fan for 40 years and still love his music today as much as back then. Quality will always win the day. long may he continue

Picturedrome Holmfirth 30/3/18 6 years 1 week ago #12708

• MirrorFreak52
Also, it is the great Barry (not Bill) Wickens on violin
The following user(s) said Thank You: yyydelilah

Picturedrome Holmfirth 30/3/18 6 years 1 week ago #12710

• RichW
Travelled up from Essex for this concert. What a beautiful part of the world and I can see why Steve likes coming here. Got to admire Steve for making this concert following his broken hip. He must have been in some pain but sounded superb on the night.

The only disappointment for me was the noisy crowd on the balcony (or VIP section as it was described on the night). I was told this section was hired for a private party. They were apparently there for someone's 60th and not to see Steve. If this is true, I think it is totally disrespectful to Steve or any artist who may be performing under those conditions.

Would love to know where Robbie is, Paul is good, but Robbie takes some beating in my opinion!!!
Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by RichW. Reason: Bad grammar

Picturedrome Holmfirth 30/3/18 6 years 1 week ago #12711

• yyydelilah
We travelled from Northants, had my tickets for months, he was fabulous despite not being able to move around.
You’re right about the noise, so ignorant and disrespectful - who has a party at a concert!!!
I lived in Holmfirth for several years and so love coming back, I would definitely go to that venue again.