Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (The not exactly) hypothetical idea of JV gigs

(The not exactly) hypothetical idea of JV gigs 10 months 3 weeks ago #13233

• Jem 75
JV = (Joint Venture). This is reflecting my purely personal individual taste of the moment. It's unlikely to happen (at least not exactly as desired!) Though one has to remember that (I believe) Steve Harley et al and Howard Jones (each I have seen/heard, within the last twelve months) played (juxtaposed) gigs at Holborn (Pizza Express), did they not?

HG = (Hypothetical Gig)

HG (fanciful) 1:

(1970's source) COCKNEY REBEL (legendary!)
(1980's source) PETER COX (he gets better and better)
(1990's source) GAZ COOMBES (we're seeing/hearing him again, in December)

HG (fanciful) 2:

(2000's source) PINK (she gets better and better)
(2010's source) KATY B (raw talent, great voice, keen observer of the human condition, funky)
(2020's source) GEORGIA (as innovative as the early Cockney Rebel, Roxy Music & Split Enz)

My view anyway,

BW,
Jem

14 June 2023 addendum

This is a sort of 'halfway house' idea between traditional support and the specific genre type festival (outdoor). A three way split might be difficult, in 500 - 2000 seat venues, but the (hypothetical) gigs would be twice as long (with one main interval and set up intervals) i.e. 4 hours rather than typically, 2. The ticket price would obviously need to reflect that and admittedly the whole thing/idea, may not be viable for a number of reasons, including commercial and logistical (that is a matter for accountancy and management).

Alternatively, like we used to have double A-side singles (we may still have them?!) the number of acts could be reduced to two, but instead of support, they might be 'equal-headliners'. This is all just fanciful thought, on my part.

I could see though (for e.g.) Cockney Rebel with the 'modern Motown' of Peter Cox.

BW,
Jem
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Jem 75. Reason: 14 June 2023 addition/clarification
Please login/register to post on the forum.