& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Songs for Pizza Express

Songs for Pizza Express 5 years 6 days ago #12907

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I ate my words last night and did the meet and greet thing. No regrets. It was so lovely to meet and chat with him even for a short while. The photo's taken were swiftly deleted but the experience will stay etched on my memory for a long time.
Of course the trio all played and sang brilliantly. There was a lot of gesticulating to the "sound" people at the back of the room but it all seemed pretty fine to me.
They are such perfectionists!

And they played one of my favourites "Star for a week" during the soundcheck. Such a treat to hear that again.

Xxx
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 days ago by Stella Day.
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheri

Songs for Pizza Express 4 years 11 months ago #12913

• cheri
Stella Day wrote:
My daughter Jemima and I had a great night last night. Steve, James and Barry were on top form and the stool has been replaced by a much comfier swivel affair. (I was so afraid he'd fall from that stool)
There was talk of introducing a double bass player into the trio for their return in April too. Interesting.
I didn't do the "meet and greet" again preferring to meet him, if I can, at the Stage door sometimes and I could never, ever beat the time I did do the meet and greet there and sat slap bang in front of him. That was awesome!
We sat with a reasonable view, quite close but my enjoyment of the evening was marred by someone singing along louder than Steve on the table right behind us to every song. I have a feeling even if Steve brought out a new song he'd have tried to pre-empt every next line and offended my shell-likes with his raucous tones. I think singing along like that should be discouraged apart from the obvious join in refrains etc. It ruins it for me.
We left after Journey's End and missed Make Me Smile. ( I assume?) which was disappointing but I had to take my youngest daughter to her school for a trip to Rome. The airport coach was picking them up from school in the wee hours.
And another thing, I'm always happy to chat to anyone but to the man who sang raucously, kept trying to buy me a drink and then told me not to let my daughter go anywhere near the Pope or any of those paedo priests when in Rome I'd say stick to talking about music and not religion which he clearly knows nothing about.
He'll never know how close he came to wearing that jug of water.

Oh, that sounds so annoying!! I'm surprised Steve didn't say anything to him. It's way worse than taking a quiet picture or video. So sorry. It would have ruined the experience for me. Glad you were able to go, though. ❤

Cheri
Please login/register to post on the forum.
  • Page: