Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Best Years Tour

Best Years Tour 8 years 7 months ago #10582

• Ray Smith
I wondered... would the tour be filmed for future DVD release? It would be great to capture this huge event with the old boys so to speak.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Best Years Tour 8 years 7 months ago #10583

• Mr Raffles
It's a nice idea but seems a bit unlikely after the release of the Birmingham DVD. Bit of a shame because as you say Ray it's an event worthy of being captured on film. We'll just have to rely on YouTube(again!!)

Best Years Tour 8 years 7 months ago #10584

• ajsmith
I was pondering the other day as to whether there would be some official release to come out of this tour. Undoubtedly Birmingham, playing the original two albums live, was a worthy performance to capture. So perhaps a live album could come out of the November tour to commemorate the reforming of the second original line-up?

Best Years Tour 8 years 7 months ago #10588

• Graham Middleton
My suggested set list to celebrate the Mk II boys' contribution:

Set 1: The Best Years of Our Lives album (in order) / Another Journey

Set 2: The Last Goodbye / All Men are Hungry / Living in a Rhapsody / If This is Love (Give Me More) / Red Is a Mean Mean Colour /The Alibi / Understand / Here Comes the Sun

Encores: (Love) Compared with You / A Friend for Life / (I Believe) Love's a Prima Donna

Best Years Tour 6 months 1 week ago #13247

• Jem 75
I was aware (just before it happened) of that tour. I was so busy with work and the location of my bases during 2015, compared to the nearest gig, made it unlikely to happen for me and unfortunately it didn't.

Stuart, Jim and Duncan were there with Steve (I have seen the odd YouTube clip), but I wonder who played bass on that tour? I'll Google it in a minute...

It must have been special. I'm glad I saw/heard Stuart Elliott, in 2022.

Marty Prior played bass during the reunion then.
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Jem 75. Reason: Marty Prior, bass player and freelance songwriter...