Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Give Steve & CR a Nice and surprising 2015

Re:Give Steve & CR a Nice and surprising 2015 9 years 3 months ago #10047

• leonacht
Thank you GedKen en lovely Forummers .
The voting is open till tommorrow ( 30 december ) 6 p.m.
This Radio 2 top 1000 is a popular one , including all local & flemish songs which means that they are very good quality , rightly ending up on a high level but (almost)never escaping throughout Flanders borders .( Flanders is only a part of Belgium ) . But never the less an opportunity to strive Steve and band as high as possible .
Concerning my yearly appeal end april / begin mai is more likely a top 100 of (only) international ' high quality ' songs on Radio 1 in Belgium .
At any rate :) thanks for voting & cooperating and wiching you all a safe and sound 2015 with a good health , much succes and many musical highlights !
Leo for L & S
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Give Steve & CR a Nice and surprising 2015 9 years 3 months ago #10049

• leonacht
' For sure ' Sebastian will climb higher than 26 on 1000 !
www.radio2.be/1000-klassiekers/de-lijst#/
Whaawww , unexpected surprise and what a newyears end !
keep you all posted !
L & S

Re:Give Steve & CR a Nice and surprising 2015 9 years 3 months ago #10050

• leonacht
Incredible...Steve & CR are entering top 10 on 1000 (very different ) classics 1000 :
www.radio2.be/1000-klassiekers/de-lijst#/
With much respect for Lincoln Anderson who we are missing very hard & with lot of proudness on Steve , Barry & James !.....meanwhile : Number 10 : Sebastian !
PROFICIAT !!!!

Re:Give Steve & CR a Nice and surprising 2015 9 years 3 months ago #10051

• RachelPAtoSH
Hi Leonacht,
Many thanks for organising the on-line voting appeal for Steve. We all voted here and we would like to thank all those who also voted for Sebastian.
Steve is "thrilled to bits" - it really is a great outcome, after all these years!
Danku wel
Rachel

Re:Give Steve & CR a Nice and surprising 2015 9 years 3 months ago #10052

• midge
What a great result - number 9. I think the number beside it is last years position, so it's up 10 places. I don't suppose that our votes would have affected the outcome much (if at all) which shows how popular the song is in the Netherlands after all this time, some 40 years later.
Strange how this song is so popular in Europe but never charted here, although a firm favourite with fans. If I remember correctly, Steve said that radio one wouldn't play it as it was 7 minutes long. What a shame.

Re:Give Steve & CR a Nice and surprising 2015 9 years 3 months ago #10053

• jollyroger
I think Leonacht and the Poll are in Belgium, Midge - but I's sure many of the votes would get there from listeners in Holland and Germany where Sebastian is a real radio hit to this day. Well done to SH - it really is amazing!