Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stranger comes to town

Re:Stranger comes to town 12 years 8 months ago #2726

• cheri
Hi, Ana, dear. :) I was actually born in Kansas, then moved to Michigan until I was 10. That was the point when we moved to California. I found an application online that I HOPE will cause them to send me a copy of my birth certificate.

A lot is going on now. I'm studying at an online school to become a legal secretary. I only have 50% of the courses completed--my program must be finished by January 20, 2012. So I have been studying my butt off!! That and trying to plan my trip in my mind is taking all of my time. I wish you could come with (was it Dan?) so we could all travel together. My friend Kathy and I could meet you at the New York airport and we could all fly to London together. I don't have the advantage you had of having a person to stay with. I want to do a tour of London and visit the museums (my friend Kathy is an artist, like you). :) Does anyone know of the name of the museum that has all the portraits in it?

Gosh, I hope I can make this work. Thanks for all of your help. I will be consulting you on a regular basis. :D

Cheri

P.S. I assume it snows in December. Does it also rain?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Stranger comes to town 12 years 8 months ago #2727

• RachelPAtoSH
Hi Cherie,
It snows rarely here, in the south anyway, but it will rain for sure!
But don't worry too much about the snow.
You will need to visit the National Portrait Gallery, near Trafalgar Square, in central London, but also, next door - the wonderful National Gallery, with EVERYTHING! This is one of the world's finest galleries. Steve visits New York for the Metropolitan and all the great galleries in all the great cities around the world - it's his greatest love, I think, Art - , but always comes back to the National in London and says nowhere is better.
The three shows at the end of the December tour will be thrilling, especially capping it with the amazing Bilston venue - always a sell-out, and standing, rock n roll venue - and we will offer you you a pair of tickets, as we did for Ana, for one of the shows.
There were at least a dozen people here from the USA recently for shows, but nobody knew. That's different.Although Steve met several of them (and from Canada!) But when someone like yourself, like Ana, makes such interesting contributions to the website and forum, we like to think everyone, including Steve, gets a chance to show our/their appreciation.
Good luck with the planning! And remember, everyone has a birth cerificate somwehere!!
RACHEL

Re:Stranger comes to town 12 years 8 months ago #2728

• cheri
Rachel, I can't thank you enough for your help and support. I would very much appreciate the free tickets, you have no idea. Which show should I accept tickets for in your opinion? And, how early do I need to buy tickets online for the other performances before they're sold out? And are Milton Keynes, Bury St. Edmunds and Bilston close to each other? Is Bilston in London? Are taxis prevalent in those areas? Is there an information number that I can call to get the number of a local taxi service? I have so many questions.

I can't wait to visit the National Gallery and do some sightseeing in London. I will remember to bring an umbrella! ;) The shows will probably come at the end of our visit, since the airports will be CRAMMED with people flying for Christmas. :) I'm a bit worried about getting to the venues and finding places to stay. I probably should consult a travel planner. I have lots of work ahead of me planning this trip. :)

Thanks SO MUCH to you and Steve for the tickets. Maybe we can even meet! :)

Cheri

Re:Stranger comes to town 12 years 8 months ago #2731

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I know my way round London pretty well and I'd be very happy to show you around some museums and galleries.......much easier than struggling with maps. Bring some comfortable walking shoes!!
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Stranger comes to town 12 years 8 months ago #2734

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
cheri wrote:
Hi, Ana, dear. :) I was actually born in Kansas, then moved to Michigan until I was 10. That was the point when we moved to California. I found an application online that I HOPE will cause them to send me a copy of my birth certificate.

A lot is going on now. I'm studying at an online school to become a legal secretary. I only have 50% of the courses completed--my program must be finished by January 20, 2012. So I have been studying my butt off!! That and trying to plan my trip in my mind is taking all of my time. I wish you could come with (was it Dan?) so we could all travel together. My friend Kathy and I could meet you at the New York airport and we could all fly to London together. I don't have the advantage you had of having a person to stay with. I want to do a tour of London and visit the museums (my friend Kathy is an artist, like you). :) Does anyone know of the name of the museum that has all the portraits in it?

Gosh, I hope I can make this work. Thanks for all of your help. I will be consulting you on a regular basis. :D

Cheri

P.S. I assume it snows in December. Does it also rain?

Ooo a Kansas girl. Hee. Very cool. Hopefully they can help you! *is excited*

During my concert outtings I just got hotels it was very nice actually. I did visit my friend, but it didn't really help/or change things too much. I did have help where it counted *cough cough JIM cough cough** but otherwise I got from place to place myself. If I can do it so can you!

Congrats on the schooling. That's a very good goal you've picked. Not something foolish like my art degree. I'm shaking my pom poms for you babe! My sister is currently doing the online thing too.

I think I'd cut my foot off or sell my remaining kidney to go with you. It was okay traveling alone, but having a buddy along is always better. I'm glad it seems like you have someone to go with already! I'd have to win the lottery again to go this soon. But you'll take plenty of pictures and tell stories for us right?

My friend Dan is currently down south for school, and won't be free till next fall anyway. I'm hoping we'll get to do London next time.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Stranger comes to town 12 years 8 months ago #2735

• cheri
Stella Day wrote:
I know my way round London pretty well and I'd be very happy to show you around some museums and galleries.......much easier than struggling with maps. Bring some comfortable walking shoes!!
Stella, that is unbelievably generous of you. :) I will take you up on that. As soon as my plans are gelled, I will let you know more. Thanks so much. :)

Cheri