& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stranger comes to town

Re:Stranger comes to town 12 years 8 months ago #2714

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Hey Cheri,
glad you liked the flyers,gives you an idea of how much touring our man does,I am sorting out some rare tracks/recordings/video footage to send to Ana and will do the same for you, might take a while as I need to get VHS footage converted and put on to dvd's for your consumption.
Re the live dates,this december (2011) will be a mixture of 3-man acoustic shows and the ful rock band(details in the live dates section),in which you would probably see a similar set list to the one that Ana enjoyed so much.If you are considering getting over for this years gigs make sure you include the Robin2 show at Bilston,that is one of Steves fave venues for the rock band show.
As Steve has hinted next year could be a sabbatical for him as he
sorts out the organisation of the plan to do the first two albums live in a major venue in London with full Orchestra and choir,which as the man himself commented would be around November/December 2012,this would be a one off extravaganza and not to be missed,for sure.
If you do come this fall Cheri,I am sure the fans over here would give you all the help and assistance we can,as we did for Ana.xx
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Stranger comes to town 12 years 8 months ago #2715

• RachelPAtoSH
Hello Everyone.
Jim is correct. The Rock Band shows this December will feature a show similar to the one performed recently in the UK. The 3-man acoustic shows will also feature additions from the recent set. Next year may be very quiet for Steve, and if the plan goes ahead, the Orchestra and Choir show will be held next year (2012) feaaturing the complete first two Cockney Rebel ablums plus the connected tracks, Jusy Teen, Spaced Out and Make Me Smile, of course.
RACHEL

Re:Stranger comes to town 12 years 8 months ago #2716

• graham E
Rachel- great to hear that this might become a reality.
I am not going to suggest that that Steve doesn’t play the pension song (because I LOVE it to death), but hopefully it will also think about including Rock and Roll Parade, Such a Dream and even Big,Big Deal as songs more associated with the period? What an encore that would be.
PS: I wonder if Steve might have Andrew Powell help arrange? I hear he is free......

Re:Stranger comes to town 12 years 8 months ago #2717

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Graham, come on now don't be greedy!! The first two albums plus the three connecting tracks will be perfect.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Stranger comes to town 12 years 8 months ago #2723

• cheri
rebelfreak1 wrote:
Hey Cheri,
glad you liked the flyers,gives you an idea of how much touring our man does,I am sorting out some rare tracks/recordings/video footage to send to Ana and will do the same for you, might take a while as I need to get VHS footage converted and put on to dvd's for your consumption.
Re the live dates,this december (2011) will be a mixture of 3-man acoustic shows and the ful rock band(details in the live dates section),in which you would probably see a similar set list to the one that Ana enjoyed so much.If you are considering getting over for this years gigs make sure you include the Robin2 show at Bilston,that is one of Steves fave venues for the rock band show.
As Steve has hinted next year could be a sabbatical for him as he
sorts out the organisation of the plan to do the first two albums live in a major venue in London with full Orchestra and choir,which as the man himself commented would be around November/December 2012,this would be a one off extravaganza and not to be missed,for sure.
If you do come this fall Cheri,I am sure the fans over here would give you all the help and assistance we can,as we did for Ana.xx
Hi, Rebelfreak1! :) You are a gem. I would LOVE to have a DVD of the rare footage if it is not too much trouble. :)

Right now, I'm looking at Wavendon, Bury St. Edmunds and Bilston as concert venues in December. Problem is, I have NO idea where any of these places are, where I would stay, and how I would get there. It's all quite confusing right now. I must find a way to get a map of England.

I still don't have a copy of my birth certificate. That must come first, as I need it to get a passport. I have been looking online to try to find the authorities that would be able to mail me a copy. I seem to have totally lost my copy. :(

Thanks for taking such good care of Ana. :) It sounded like she had a FABULOUS trip, and you were all so good to her. I'll keep you posted about my proposed trip. The fact that Steve will not be performing for the following year is spurring me on to make the journey faster than I had imagined.

Cheri

Re:Stranger comes to town 12 years 8 months ago #2724

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
cheri wrote:
Right now, I'm looking at Wavendon, Bury St. Edmunds and Bilston as concert venues in December. Problem is, I have NO idea where any of these places are, where I would stay, and how I would get there. It's all quite confusing right now. I must find a way to get a map of England.

I still don't have a copy of my birth certificate. That must come first, as I need it to get a passport. I have been looking online to try to find the authorities that would be able to mail me a copy. I seem to have totally lost my copy. :(

Cheri

I am now rather familair with the Wavendon area and if you do choose it I recommend the De Vere Harben House in Newport Pagnell. They were SUPER nice and helpful and it's a short taxi to The Stables. You can coach into Milton Keynes from whatever airport you fly into and then get a taxi to your hotel. It's all rather close around there. As for Bury St. Edmunds I can ask a friend who was stationed near there for some advice. I'm sure someone on the board could help with Bilston. I'll help you get prepared for it deary. Everystep.

I wish I could go as soon as this Dec. I'm gonna need a good
chunk of time to raise the capital to fly again. But now I also have more time to buy my ticket in advance and am completely confident I am making the right, safe and happy choice to go back.

The city hall of the city you were born in (assuming you weren't born in the wild) should have a copy of your birth certi if you were hospital born. Alternatively, county records offices or department of Health Vital Records: www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm I'm gonna go on assuming you were born in Cali? www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w/california.htm
Your trip has really inspired me. I've never been touched enough by an artist to travel so far to see them until now. Steve is an absolute treasure. I must find a way to make this work.

Me neither man! It's odd how I was compelled to do something so not me (spend money, travel abroad) but in the end it all just paid off more than I could have dreamed. Saw a beautiful county, made some incredible friends and saw the best shows I'd ever seen. I've learned so much and my heart is so full.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel