Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stranger comes to town

Re:Stranger comes to town 13 years 10 months ago #1328

• groverhead
Maelitta, May I be so bold as to suggest the following:
tell the truth about this great album of songs: tell them that the attitude of a middle-aged Steve Harley speaks in these songs for many such people, and the production of them, sometimes full-blown orchestral (2,000 Years From Now) and sometimes stark and aimed straight at the heart, like the title track, Stranger Comes To Town, will hold your attention for a complete sitting of 50 minutes. .. You'll need to play this album more than once or twice,just to begin to understand, but it'll be worth it...Tell them!!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Stranger comes to town 13 years 10 months ago #1333

• Maelitta
Thank you Groverhead. At least somebody who takes position ;)
Well ... I have done it last night. Here it is now :
www.amazon.fr/product-reviews/B0038SFBVE...id=1279264688&sr=1-5

I gave it a 5 stars out of 5.

Please, don't put it in the Google Translator as it translates very very badly and, it is the worse, makes terrible misinterpretations.
I have done it myself to check what Google Translation would make of my text and I was horrified : 3 times I red the exact contrary of what I wrote :angry:

There is somebody here on this forum who would be able to make a perfect translation. I know because I talked with her (in french !) : it is Karen. Her french is just sumptuous.

Re:Stranger comes to town 13 years 10 months ago #1335

• crazy horse
Maelitta wrote:
No one ??!!!! What happens ? Nothing to say about the music of Stranger Comes To Town ?

Nobody to shout "somebody tells her !!!" :evil:

OK, I see what I can do on my own ...
what you need to say about this album ,must come from your own heart ,no one else see,s what your eyes see ,and with music songs mean somthing different to each of us ,the words you seek are already inside you ,you just have to find them :)

Re:Stranger comes to town 13 years 10 months ago #1336

• Maelitta
You're as wise as Suquamish, CrazyHorse :)
That's indeed what I eventually did. I am too lazy to translate "myownself" :laugh:
But, through my question, I wanted to check who, here, would commit himself/ herself to this cause ...

Re:Stranger comes to town 13 years 10 months ago #1338

• crazy horse
iv never heard of a Suquamish before ,but im sure its comlimentary ,as for being wise the best line iv ever heard about being wise is from an AL STEWART song which goes ,"I MAYBE OLD NOW IN YOUR EYES ,BUT ALL MY YEARS HAVE MADE ME WISE" (from the album YEAR OF THE CAT)what is a Suquamish?

Re:Stranger comes to town 13 years 10 months ago #1339

• Maelitta
The Suquamish are a Native American tribe whose wise chef, nammed Seattle, gave his name to the town.

I love The Year Of The Cat. As far as I remember, Stuart Elliott plays drums on this album.