Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Birmingham Symphony Hall

Re:Birmingham Symphony Hall 12 years 3 months ago #3775

• LevRiviera
Out of lurk mode to share my delight!
2 x tix for row D in stall, all secured. Not been this excited since the Mott The Hoople Hammersmith dates.

Roll on November

Lev
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Birmingham Symphony Hall 12 years 2 months ago #3864

• jungtheforeman
Steve says that as well as the first two albums, there will be Judy Teen and maybe Black Or White but hang on...surely with a choir there, surely it's time for Seeking A Love?

Richard

Re:Birmingham Symphony Hall 12 years 2 months ago #3875

• Rebel
There have been a few suggestions for additional songs to the format of the first two albums.
'Judy Teen' and 'Come Up and See Me' are a must and already look like being included, whilst Steve has already eluded to 'Black or White', which given the surroundings, would be majestic.

Since Steve has clearly listened to his fans by putting this concert on in the first place, I wonder if he would consider having a vote on this site for the remaining slots, with him performing the 3 or so most popular voted songs.

I appreciate that given the time constraints that there might not actually be any 'remaining slots', but if there were, maybe a fans vote would be the icing on the cake.

Apologies for even suggesting this, but given that I've been longing for this concert to happen since about 1973, I want to eek it out as long as possible.
7.30pm to 11.30pm should just about do it!

If there was a vote, I think my choices would be;

Mr Raffles - man it would be mean not to.
Understand - great percussion for an orchestra.
No Bleedin Hearts - made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up last time I heard Steve do it in concert. Plus would introduce a new song to few of the audience.

Re:Birmingham Symphony Hall 12 years 2 months ago #3877

• Pandorah
Well if that was the case ( vote for other songs ) IF ?
well if I had a vote for other track's from a later album ( surely theres enough on the first two ) it would probably have to be something of timeless flight, that in the studio would of had a wall of sound behind it, big production. Black or white for sure , and maybe something from best Years, something to get the whole place singing along with , Best Years comes to mind. ( but as Mr Griffin has rightly said , roll on 1213 when hopefully he can do it again with the next two Albums ) I think something from stranger comes to town ( 2000 years from now) would finnish the night off nicely . But what ever Mr Harley brings to the table, rest asured it will be a feast set for a nation .A Banquit. we all know it .

Re:Birmingham Symphony Hall 12 years 2 months ago #3882

• jollyroger
Black Or White - encore after Tumbling Dow, would suit me. Put it on and turn it up! Brilliant orchestra and choir arrangement, and very close to the period.

Re:Birmingham Symphony Hall 12 years 2 months ago #3884

• Daz401
  • I've been thro 700 changes, and thats just a few
Pandorah, you read my mind about:
2'000 years from now (that will be 1 in my vote)
the lighthouse (2nd)
riding the waves (3rd)