Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean!

Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3448

• Woolfe
Attended the Bilston concert last night and SH stopped the gig twice to give "B****berry" users a piece of his mind!

The first rant was straight after the brilliant opening - Ritz as some idiot had his aforementioned "smartphone" right in front of Steve's face.

The crowd roared for more as SH laid into this guy.

"You couldnt beliebe the size of the crowd - and then he shot that Smartphone user"

The second was in the middle of Come up and See Me - and to be honest I didnt think it was good form to interrupt the "big one"! - It sort of cut the atmosphere a bit

HOWEVER - a truly awesome gig - met and made new friends there and lloking forward to Nov 24th (Birthday as well!!!!)

Great to see the great man again and well worth the long drive in atrocious conditions

Woolfie
MR2 Mk1 Championship Competitor
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3450

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Good on ya Steve, can these tossers ever put their silly gadgets away for more than five minutes? Put your machines away and realise the real world is infinately better than cyber world. Learn some manners while you're at it. x

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3451

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
"You couldnt beliebe the size of the crowd - and then he shot that Smartphone user"

LOL!!

Can he come to my job and put them in their places when they get rude with them there, PLEASE. Sorry I missed it. (More sorry I missed the show period, but you get the idea.)

Glad you enjoyed the show Woolfe!
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3473

• jollyroger
Phantom is right on the button, it's just bad manners.
We pay for a ticket to a concert, not for the right to photgraph and film non-stop. I've seen severa; performers, k d lang, PJ Harvey, Elton John and others become agitated with audience members over-stepping the mark.

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3474

• RachelPAtoSH
Apropos of this, we have received a letter from "A Fan":

To Mr Steve Harley
It was me who was filming you at the 02 when you were performing Hideaway. I feel so guilty and I have to get this off my chest, I am so very sorry and I hope I didn't ruin your night, I was so selfish and I realise that now. You and the band have something special that stands out from other bands.
I hope this gets to you, and thank you for entertaining us with your superb talent.

To this Fan, I'd like to assure him that 1) yes, it will get to Steve, and 2) he will want you to know you certainly did not ruin his night.
I believe he simply joshed with you, and you were not shining one of those harsh white squares of light which all entertainers are growing weary of into his face.
Merry Christmas to you

PS As for the fellow in Bilston: I hear from two who were there, including Steve's personal assistant that one man was leaning on the stage, beside Steve's left sound monitor, and was typing into an iPhone or similar during and after each song. After three titles had been played, Steve asked him what he was doing? The man looked down and ciontinued typing. Steve's crew say it "was incredibly ignorant. Very ill-mannered", and he was asked to carry out his business further back, so as not to distract Steve throughout the show.
Fair enough? I'd say so!

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3477

• JC105
Facebook

Some of you might get a kick out of reading some of the comments from Steve's Official Facebook page...! www.facebook.com/stevehcockneyrebel

Good on Allan Muir and Anthony Day, I say!

Arthur Hughes
I have seen Steve Harley many times over the years since the very first tour back in the early seventies,have all the LP's,Cd's etc....I witnessed a nasty,grumpy,bad temperred person at the Bilston gig the other night.....Sorry ,I forgot he's an artist.I won't be listening to anything by Steve Harley in future which is my loss as I've grown up with theses songs over the years....FY

Craig McIntosh
Well said Arfa..Not the first time..he had a moan at me in the 70s aboutnothing,,and last time I saw him good as he was moan moan moan..think I will join you..these people forget it's us that puts food on their tables..

Rob Dodgson
Biting the hand that feeds him!! People spending their hard erned money to be treted like that is disgusting. Everyone should boycot this jumped up prima donna. Get real Harley; who do you think you are?

Allan Muir
Wasn't at that gig , so can't really say, but anybody can have a bad day... Steve was on top form in Glasgow... Nobody would have any friends if they were to abandon you every time you had a grump or got bad tempered... He may be an artist, but he's also human...

Allan Muir
and it seems that some twat was tweeting right in front of him.. right under his nose... no wonder he got pissed off... surely you go to a gig to see and hear the performer... not to fuck about with your phone...

Rob Dodgson
He was writing down the songs on a piece of paper to help when writing a review of the gig for an online magazine. (He also paid for his own ticket).This review would have given Harley some nice FREE publicity! .....Shot himself in the foot.

Craig McIntosh
Well said Rob!!

Allan Muir
I've just read a piece on the Harley forum which says it was a Blackberry that was being used and as you know 'smartphones' give off a shining light... Smart phones and dumb users...

Arthur Hughes
Harley needs to get his facts right so he can justify his nasty,angry outburst

Rob Dodgson
Well said Arthur!!

Allan Muir
Sounds like you need to get yours right... Nobody said that Steve had said anything.. It was people at the gig who said it was a blackberry! You all seem to know too many 'facts' for it to be coincidence.. Sounds to me like you're defending the boy with the blackberry... One of your mates perhaps???

Anthony Day
So what did harley say then ?

Allan Muir
www.steveharley.com/forum/6-general-disc...man-he-was-mean.html

Anthony Day
After reading the link/forum,seems to me mr harley has a valid point. Keep your phones in your pocket or go to the back of the venue where it won't distract him. End of