Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean!

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3482

• groverhead
Arthur:
Nasty? SH? No chance.
Grumpy? No way.
Bad tempered? Only with you, it seems.
You were clearly that moron at his feet with the iPad lit up, or else it was the notebook and pencil, right under huis nose.
Unbelievable!
Get some manners.
And as for your two mates (surely you three are one???), what you're saying amiounts to lies, to be honest.
Mr H asked you to do your byusiness further back, as the forum has already said clearly.
:ooked from where I was standing, not far back, that you were even getting up the noses of fans around you - there were some very puzzled looks, and niot just from Steve. Steve was clearly VERY puzzled by your (or some other bloke you're defending.......) bad behaviour.
"Free publicity"??? The gig was packed/sold out anyway, and no professional journalist would ever stand at the very front, and surely wouild not dream of posing, self-importantly with his silly machine right in front of the performer.
If you are the bloke himself, you are clearly an amateur.
AND a tosser for giving the impression you do about Steve.
Your petulance is astounding: "I won't be listening to anything by Steve Harley in the future"...pitiful. Some fan you are (were???)
As for your mates, interesting how they both got on the Facebook just after (arfer?) you!! Ridiculous, and self-important you are.
"...which is my loss" YOU SAID IT!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3484

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Ok lets get this straight here.the guy at the front at the O2 was using a blackberry and it was really annoying,I was standing at the barrier right in front of Steve Harley and it was getting right on my nerves(and a few others) never mind a guy trying to put on a profesional show and concentrate,also the same guy was continuously shouting out during every song,I think he was German or Dutch,but most certainly drunk.Maybe they do it differently over there,not sure,but completely disrespectful.
Lets move on to Bilston,again I was right at Steves feet rubbing shoulders with the guy with the phone and notepad.From the first bars of the first song he was filming on his phone,taking flash photos etc. Steve actually asked me to have a word with him,which i did but he persisted,AND THEN HE PULLED OUT A FOLDED SHEET OF PAPER AND A BETTING SHOP PEN (PROFESSIONAL JOURNALIST MY ARSE,AND ASKED ME WHAT THE NAME OF THE FIRST SONG WAS...SO NOT A JOURNO OR A FAN,FACT.He continued to write things down on his 'journalists notepad',and again Steve leant over and asked me what he was doing(Yes Steve does know me before anyone asks).I replied he was compiling a set list...and it was at this point...and not before... Steve stopped and asked him to go further back to do what he was doing and show some respect,the guy held his hands up and apologised and moved away from the stage area.There is no way on Gods earth that this guy was working as a journo,unless the Beano has started doing concert reviews,and if by any remote chance he was a journalist then if you are reading this mate,find another job,because you are a disgrace to your profession,and as for your two mates posts and rants on facebook as recorded above,good riddance to you,you are neither wanted or welcome at any future shows...and that is my view,a lifelong fan,not the view of Steve Harley or his management team.
Oh and by the way a similar thing happened at the acoustic show at The Duchess in York where a guy was filming with a blackberry under Steves nose,again he was asked to stop,the guy apologised,as he should.At the end of the show Steve went over to the guy and apologised himself for his rant and gave his personal stage set list to him,Steve himself showing respect to a ticket buying punter,pity a few more morons in audiences cannot show an artist the same respect.
:angry:
Jim,
Chesterfield.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3485

• anichols
Thanks Jim this really puts things into perspective.......

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3486

• Daz401
  • I've been thro 700 changes, and thats just a few
And while we are venting i just want to say during make me smile you always get some smart arse not waiting for the pause and shouting too loud, u can sing along i dont mind that but shouting is a different thing. I dont sing cuz im a crap singer and i dont want to spoil the song, i do the ohhh lalala but very quietly.

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3487

• essexboybilly
Great response Jim. We need more brave blokes like you in this machine-led world. You wEre there at both those gigs and you can honestly support THE ARTIST! What a reulsive remark that guy made. "I remember he's an Artist" - yeh, mate! A real, brilliant artist, even a Genius.
We've all seen so much of Steve's talent over the years to know this guy and his mates (same people I suppose!!!!!) are trying it on.
They should keep their stupid phones in their pockets and get on with watching the show, cos it might just improve their lives, like each one improves mine!
What would Cheri from California think if she reads Arfer's nasty comments??????? Or Ana??????? Or any true fan who has met The Man or seen his shows without bozos causing problems?????
Excuse the rant..but I CARE FOR THE MAN!!!
Merry Christnas Steve and all your family and the people who run this website.
Merry Christmnas to you all.
BILLY
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3488

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
Call me old-fashioned but I don't know why people have to film everything on their gadgets these days.
Not only is it bad mannered to the performer to distract them, it's also rude to others around you.

Don't people have vivid memories anymore ?

I can still see in my mind parts of the first concert I saw by Steve, in 1975,even though some of the later ones are more blurred after I discovered alcohol and *things*. :dry: