Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean!

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3489

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Well put Jimbo, you should have sat on the feckers gadget BIG MAN !!!. wish you had been at the Stables you were missed by all, even Debs. Have a great christmas mate, and all you fans out there. Love to Steve and family, God bless and keep you all. xxx
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3504

• Crawsnest
Hey everyone... :) It's really old news now, but just to give you the heads-up on what I discovered...

The guy 'Arthur Hughes' who put the comment up on facebook is indeed the guy who was causing all the problems at Bilston. He has a blog where he 'reviews' the various artists that he goes to see..

One thing I noticed on his blog was that all the pictures of the artists are taken from the same distance, same angle... It follows then that he stands at the front waving his 'blackberry' in the face of every artist he goes to see...

As I said on facebook... Smartphones and dumb users!!!

Crawsnest aka allan muir..

:)

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3509

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Crawsnest wrote:
Smartphones and dumb users!!!

:)

Ha! Brilliantly put. :)
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3512

• joanna
:) Thanks for that jimbo.
Appologies for not saying " bye" .....just had to get away was a bit sad being the last gig.
Smile x

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3516

• Maelitta
To be quiete honnest with you, I must say that I have been desapointed by Steve’s behaviour when I came and saw him in Leffinge, Belgium, last year.

It was the second time of my life I made the trip especially from Paris to be able to see one of my 2 rock idols on stage.

My first time was in Holmfirth in June 2010 but I was quiete far from the stage so I felt like coming back to another gig in a smaller place, less crowd, you see.

So In Leffinge I was happy, I was just in front of the stage and could see him perfect. I enjoyed so much … I even cried on Sebastian !

But at a moment, Steve got bothered by a camera flash (I would not take a picture myself when somebody is singing, but I understand someone would like to take a picture of him singing as he gives so much of himself when he does).

Ok, I can understand that could be upseting. But he stopped singing and gave a shout at the guy. And again this way one or two more times. I think at this moment he should have sent someone of his crew to ask the man to stop flashing.

There was also this couple (dutch ?) who seem to follow him gig after gig. At a moment, Steve waved to them and asked them « but when do you work ? ». Is it british humour that I don’t catch ? However, the way it was said sounded to me quiete insulting for these fans who are so faithful ; a nice word, a « thank you » instead of a sarcasm would, to my opinion, have been better.

I did not appreciate neither this rough member of the crew who, at the end of the gig, came up on stage with this cardboard box full of Stranger Comes to Town’s CD, selling them like socks on a fleamarket. The sound of the last song was not even faded yet.
Steve Harley is for me such a Seigneur that I was shocked.

All that broke a little bit my heart and illusions. That is why I kinda gave up with this forum.

I actually did not gave up with Steve Harley the artist : still listen a lot to his records, still watch his DVD, still talk a lot about him on different french forums and do my best for him to be better known here.

Ah ! One last thing : the fans I met, specially in Holmfirth, are among the most delicious fans I ever met :kiss:

Re:Bilston Rant - Man he was Mean! 12 years 4 months ago #3525

• essexboybilly
Maelitta, I definitely think you missed the point of English humour. If Steve teased a couple of fans with "when do you work", yes it would have been just teasing. He smiles when he makes those cracks, and many of us find them attractive, and endearing, so perhaps iot is the British way of having fun - and if theDutch couple travel to many concerts, Steve would have recognised them and they almnost certainly wouldn't have been offended! Perhaps they will read this Forum Thread and support Steve over this. His behaviour is usually perfect fine, and those blindingly white sqaures (I think he's called them that) are what annoy performers. Try seeing it from HIS point of view, that is from the stage, and in darkness.
And the only way a great CD can be sold these days by so many artists is at the shows. And I want it, so was very pleased to see a member of his team offer them for sale when it was first released. It happens all the time, surely.Happy New Year to you...