Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tour query.

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10781

• Howdy59
Hi, wondering if anybody could help me with a query. I have my tickets booked for the 40th anniversary tour but am starting to wonder what I paid for. I checked out the Monalisa twins when I found out they were joining the tour and I have to say I'm not impressed but on their twitter and facebook page they have Steve's tour dates under THEIR name and only have pictures of themselves! They have also written that their original music is featuring so now I'm wondering if I've paid for one half of Steve's show and one half of theirs. To be perfectly honest I wouldn't have paid to see Steve twice if I'd known this was the case and I'm feeling a little conned. Does anybody know what the deal is? I participated in the fan's poll and hope that Steve is going to perform for both halves but then when does their original music fit in? I just hope they don't perform their lacklustre cover of Best years of our lives... Please could somebody let me know? Thanks.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10782

• ipswich
On there facebook page it states they will be playing some of there music within Steve's set. That will be disappointing as I was hoping that the set would be TBYOL in order with the fans choice's and other favourites as part of the 'second half'

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10783

• WMOORE
When this tour was first announced the twins were part of backing vocals, percussion and guitars.It seems the first half will be BYOOL and the second half a greatest hits selection. I don't see a problem with the odd Mona Lisa song thrown in (if that is to happen).In all the years of watching Steve live I have never been disappointed and I really can't see him doing something to change that on a tour that has been inspired by the fans. I'm sure when you leave the concert you will feel anything but conned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , deemac

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10788

• My Only Vice
Howdy Howdy.

I don't think you need be concerned. The Best Years will indeed be played in full, but Steve being Steve he has decided to do more than just that. Hence the addition of a set of fans' poll favourites, and the mona lisa twins (who's cover of The Best Years I really like!).

Combine that with the inclusion of Duncan, Jim and Stuart and it seems to me we're getting more, not less. Enjoy :)
I'd hide if I could, but I'm red in a yellow sea . . .

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10789

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Howdy59 wrote:
Hi, wondering if anybody could help me with a query. I have my tickets booked for the 40th anniversary tour but am starting to wonder what I paid for. I checked out the Monalisa twins when I found out they were joining the tour and I have to say I'm not impressed but on their twitter and facebook page they have Steve's tour dates under THEIR name and only have pictures of themselves! They have also written that their original music is featuring so now I'm wondering if I've paid for one half of Steve's show and one half of theirs. To be perfectly honest I wouldn't have paid to see Steve twice if I'd known this was the case and I'm feeling a little conned. Does anybody know what the deal is? I participated in the fan's poll and hope that Steve is going to perform for both halves but then when does their original music fit in? I just hope they don't perform their lacklustre cover of Best years of our lives... Please could somebody let me know? Thanks.

I suspect he'll let the girls play while the band have a welcome "bathroom break" (these guys aren't getting any younger) ;). You've no need to be worried. I'm sure Steve will be steering the ship throughout........and Steve and the band will play both halves.:)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10792

• Patrick
Just back from the Manchester gig.....fantastic!

Just to let you know The MonaLisa Twins have a song in each section of the show - simply to give the old guys a rest. And very good they are too!