Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tour query.

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10805

• jollyroger
Really special in Manchester. The twins are a wonderful addition to great rock band . Their harmonies were spine tingling. Especially on Sebastian and Compared With You. Lisa's guitar playing was superb, and she got lifted higher and higher by the Great Jim Cregan . There are lots of memorable moments in this show. And the girls play one song in each set, not at all to give anyone a rest, i don't think!!!! Steve is obviously priud to have discovered them and to introduce heir solo spots. If you're a fan, you won.t want to miss this tour. Fantastic programme 52 pages too.
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , DaveHornby

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10806

• Stu Jones
Went to the show last night, it was fabulous! Can't agree with Jollyrogers post more :) If you don't have a ticket for this tour, then buy one now! Well done to all eight musicians on stage last night. Two long sets with fantastic songs. Loved it! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Graeme

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10808

• Howdy59
Hi, just back from Manchester. Have to say the wife and I are a little disappointed. The girls weren't there to give the guys a bathroom break or a rest instead Jim and Barry left the stage and watched from the side. I just felt that the fantastic vibe Steve always gives was broken for the sake of their two songs which the audience struggled to applaud(perhaps better to have them do their songs right at the beginning before Steve starts). I saw one gentleman on his phone during the second and another who was left open mouthed and said he refused to clap! I also overheard one woman afterwards say she "felt stuffed after being force fed the twins for two hours." I am a huge fan of Steve as is the wife but honestly felt the show was missing an anniversary vibe. There was very little banter involving the originals and not as many stories as I had hoped for nor any mention of the late George Ford which I felt was a shame saying as he was a part of the originals. I am going to see Steve again and hope that there will be a little less twin talk and more BYOOL stories.

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10812

• Graeme
Howdy, What is the problem? I was at the 1st night in Manchester and I can tell you the MonaLisa Twins were excellent both vocally and musically, adding great support to Steve and the band. They also sung and played one of their own songs in both halves of the show and were very very good. You won't be disappointed.

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10813

• Graeme
I agree 100%. Well said Jolly Roger!

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10814

• DaveHornby
The MonaLisa girls perform one of their own songs in each half, with the first half being the fans' poll choices, and the second half being BYOOL in full, in sequence and magnificent from start to finish.
The ladies also provide some fantastic musicianship and wonderful backing vocals throughout the evening. And they're beautiful!
Have no fears, you will NOT be disappointed!