& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tour query.

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10816

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Howdy59 wrote:
Hi, just back from Manchester. Have to say the wife and I are a little disappointed. The girls weren't there to give the guys a bathroom break or a rest instead Jim and Barry left the stage and watched from the side. I just felt that the fantastic vibe Steve always gives was broken for the sake of their two songs which the audience struggled to applaud(perhaps better to have them do their songs right at the beginning before Steve starts). I saw one gentleman on his phone during the second and another who was left open mouthed and said he refused to clap! I also overheard one woman afterwards say she "felt stuffed after being force fed the twins for two hours." I am a huge fan of Steve as is the wife but honestly felt the show was missing an anniversary vibe. There was very little banter involving the originals and not as many stories as I had hoped for nor any mention of the late George Ford which I felt was a shame saying as he was a part of the originals. I am going to see Steve again and hope that there will be a little less twin talk and more BYOOL stories.

My dear old dad had funny ways. When eating out his choices were plain. He liked soup to start and then a steak and chips, no salad. He used to ask for no salad. I was with him once and his plate arrived with a small amount of lettuce and a couple of tomatoes....... more as a garnish really, and he actually asked the waitress to take his plate away and remove the offending salad. I thought it was a bit embarassing and I always wondered why he didn't just leave the salad on the side of his plate rather than make such a fuss? After all, he still got the steak and chips! ;)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10818

• mick_mckenzie
Well said Stella.
Howdy59 wrote:
I saw one gentleman on his phone during the second and another who was left open mouthed and said he refused to clap!

Obviously not gentlemen then.

Other than splitting hairs I really can't see the problem here. Full on Steve and CR doing a great gig with great backing musicians. If the Twins had been in the line-up without being previously announced would the perception be different?

Mick
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Stella Day

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10830

• My Only Vice
Just in from a late night in Southend. Wonderful night. I'd love to say how amazing some of the individual fans' poll songs sounded, but like others I don't want to spoil the surprise for those going to later gigs.

Sorry you weren't fulfilled Howdy, but I have to say . . . the tour was clearly billed/promoted as 'The Best Years' plus more. The Best Years set was excellent, and as for the 'more', well it was a real treat. A complete additional set with song listings that worked beautifully; The 'old' band reassembled (Duncan all the way from South Africa and playing as only he can, Stuart's terrific drumming and Jim seemingly with a different guitar for each song); The Twins excellent (I liked their second song especially). Oh, and a new single to boot.

I'm not sure what more we could ask for.

Fantastic. I can't wait to enjoy it all again in Ipswich.
I'd hide if I could, but I'm red in a yellow sea . . .

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10833

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
the mona lisa twins second song was really good.
It is called JUNE.Great video of it on you tube.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Tour query. 8 years 6 months ago #10835

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
rebelfreak1 wrote:
the mona lisa twins second song was really good.
It is called JUNE.Great video of it on you tube.

:laugh:
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.