Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Timeless Flight uk tour

Timeless Flight uk tour 9 years 9 months ago #9483

• markstuart
Can anyone remember who the support act was on the 1976(??)uk tour. I,ve vague recollections of a host of gigs i went to, usually at Newcastle City Hall, in the Seventies and i've a list of headliners and support acts that i,m trying to pair together. It may have been Racing Cars, or may not !! Help would be appreciated.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: Timeless Flight uk tour 9 years 9 months ago #9484

• sssikuk
At Wembley arena (still called the Empire Pool at that time) it was due to be Smokie.
Smokie did not come on stage, I believe it was due to not be allowed to use the full lighting rig, or something like that.

Re: Timeless Flight uk tour 9 years 9 months ago #9491

• midge
Blimey, that's a good question. I was there (Newcastle city hall, 1976). At first I thought Sailor, but that was much earlier. I think it might have been the Pointer sisters. I was seated on the upper left balcony and I swear one of them kept looking up and smiling at me.

Re:Timeless Flight uk tour 9 years 9 months ago #9494

• COVENTRY DAVE
Sailor supported ion 75 or 76........not too sure without checking tickets or programme.

Re:Timeless Flight uk tour 9 years 9 months ago #9498

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
Smokie were suppose to support at Wembley.

However, I was told at the time that they refused to go on after they were told that Wembley would not allow all the lights to be down for the duration of their act for security reasons.

Don't know if that was true.

I think Sailor were the support for the 1975 tour - that introduced Rebel Mk II

Re:Timeless Flight uk tour 9 years 9 months ago #9500

• stewart g
For the Timeless Flight tour in early 76 at Manchester there was no support act.Later on in the year for the Primadonna tour we had The Suprise Sisters think thats who you mean Midge rather than the Pointers?
Not sure re racing cars supporting Rebel.Good band though! Iremember a Peel session from late 76 that was excellent! :)