Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Special Guests at Birmingham....

Special Guests at Birmingham.... 12 years 3 months ago #3835

• anichols
I hope there are special guests at Birmingham...Jim Cregan? original members? Nick Pynn?] Other members along the way? Any thoughts? two drummers Stuart and Adam?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Special Guests at Birmingham.... 12 years 3 months ago #3847

• Daz401
  • I've been thro 700 changes, and thats just a few
2 drummers will be good but, too meny cooks and all that

Re:Special Guests at Birmingham.... 12 years 3 months ago #3849

• Ray Smith
Yes! About time to bury the hatchet of all those years back Steve. You only live once so they say... so you only have ONE chance. This is a HUGE concert.. this IS the ONE chance.

Come on... how about it? Be great to have the original Rebels there as guests... less the one you paid tribute to in '89

Other old rebels from the past also?

Guests only I'm asking, as the band NOW is too famous for me :-)

NOW is the time but such a gig would do well to reflect.. don't you agree Steve?

Your "mate" Ray

Re:Special Guests at Birmingham.... 12 years 3 months ago #3850

• Mr Raffles
It's a nice idea Ray.As you said, have the current existing band on stage throughout, but during the various songs have different 'special' guest stars appearing. They don't have to be from that 1973/1974 era,maybe just performers who have been with Steve as band members over the years.For example,Jim Cregan,Duncan McKay,Nick Pynn,Victoria BB etc. It's a long list and i'm sure Steve could coax an appearance out of some of them at such a grand concert. Perhaps we should also remember that as well as a celebration of two of the best albums ever this concert marks 40 years of Cockney Rebel in one form or another. Over to you Steve.

Re:Special Guests at Birmingham.... 12 years 3 months ago #3851

• Nick76
Hello everyone from a new friend! I am writing from Italy (Venice) and considered the biggest event of the end of November, I hope that the orchestra and choir are directed by Maestro Andrew Powell as occurred in the discs.
I think it's a legitimate thing!
In fact, he was the arranger of great songs like "Sabastian", "Death trip"; "Ritz" and "Tumbling Down".

Best wishes to all ;)
Nick

Re:Special Guests at Birmingham.... 12 years 3 months ago #3853

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Hi Nick!
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel