Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Special Guests at Birmingham....

Re:Special Guests at Birmingham.... 12 years 3 months ago #3855

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
Won't playing with an orchestra and choir mean that there will be less spontaineity than usual ?
People wandering on and off to 'do their bit' will disrupt the flow, so perhaps it would be better if there were guests to join the last song of each half, say Milton and John for 'Judy Teen' end of first half, Cregan and others for 'MMS'at the end ?
The show will be fairly short if it's just the two albums, so who knows what may be planned as extra ?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Special Guests at Birmingham.... 12 years 3 months ago #3857

• Nick76
Hello !
Although the two albums are not particularly long, as I think it will take at least 1h30min to represent well them both.
A good half-hour will remain safety for a few extras including: "Make me smile", "A friend for life"; "(Love) Compared with you :woohoo: ...
The important thing is how everything is taken for the release of a DVD / CD of the concert ;)
Regards
Nick

Re:Special Guests at Birmingham.... 12 years 2 months ago #3863

• jungtheforeman
Members of Cockney Rebel mkI would be great but I would love to see Duncan Mackay on that stage.

Richard

Re:Special Guests at Birmingham.... 12 years 2 months ago #3866

• RachelPAtoSH
Duncan lives in South Africa, and James Lascelles is Steve's current keyboard player, and is himself a brilliant concert pianist. On the "guests" subject, please read Steve's latest DIARY entry.
Rachel

Re:Special Guests at Birmingham.... 12 years 2 months ago #3872

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
well said rachel.james is an integral part of this band and is a must for this gig. would really love the suggestion that both stu elliott and adam houghton get equal billing on this one both bring their own style to the band and BOTH DESERVE that place up there,as for original members,didnt they all walk out once? no thanks the current line up is the best ever anyway and have been together a number of years,will the lartey sisters be there too?
jimbo.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Special Guests at Birmingham.... 12 years 2 months ago #3888

• Nick76
hi, i don't understand how Steve is still looking for an orchestral arranger (latest diary) when the logic it takes only one: Andrew Powell ! ;)